New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

GIANT AUCTION - Volunteers NEEDED

Started by White Lightning, January 08, 2011, 11:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Lightning

Giant Auction - Request for Volunteers

Its this time of year again, the annual Giant Auction is just around the corner,  March 6th to be exact.  Each year OVAS Members and Executive work very hard to make this event a success.

We require volunteers for the following areas:

Auctioneers
We are currently looking for a couple more auctioneers.  Ability to speak Latin is always an asset.   

Kitchen Staff
Selling food drinks/snacks - previous fast food experience is not necessary.

Raffle tickets
Someone to sell raffle tickets during the breaks and before the auction starts.

Cashiers
People to help our treasurer handle the money.

Movers/Runners
People to move stuff onto tables and bring them up to the front.  Hand items to auctioneers and general gopher duties.

Setup
The auction registration starts at 10:00 so people involved in the setup should be able to show up around 9:00 to help move tables and chair into place.

Cleanup/Teardown
People are needed at the end of the day to stay for half an hour or so after the Auction to put the tables away, clean the floor and make sure the room is clean and orderly as per Jack Purcell standards

If you wish to volunteer to help please reply to this post.  If you would like a particular job please indicate so and we'll do our best to accommodate you.

Thanks,

Randy

cdylnicki

I am excellent with money, running/dashing, & can help setup.

I have never been to an auction before so this is a new one for me!

Carrie

2075turner

Hey

You can put me down for raffle tickets/runner and I can give a hand in tear down if I'm still there.  How long does the auction run?

holachicka

Me and my daughters are available to help with the Ovas restaurant again this year - let me know if the help is needed.

thanks
Jessie

RoxyDog

You can put me down for cashier if you need me.  :)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Hookup

Unfortunately I will be getting back the day before from St.Lucia and will not be able to commit the time.  At best it will be a "surprise I'm here, how can I help."

ajm1961

I can help with setup, and if you're short of auctioneers I can give it a shot. I'm an experienced public speaker and have no issues with latin names.
Let me know - cheers!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

White Lightning

Thanks to all who have volunteered thus far. I will PM everyone with confirmations as we get closer to the date.

mseguin

I'll probably be up for auctioning again

garnpet

Quote from: 2075turner on January 11, 2011, 11:05:12 AM
How long does the auction run?
Typically the auction part of the day starts at noon and usually wraps up between 5pm and 6pm depending on the number of items and the pace at which we can get through them.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

dan2x38

Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

vic622

Definitely can help with tear down & cleanup. Probably runner, spotter etc if needed.
This'll be my first Fish auction & I'm looking forward to it!
Vic
120g Peninsula Tank

Planted, high tech
Congo Tetra, Pearl Gourami, Honey Gourami
Serpae Tetra
Bronze & Pepper Corydoras, BN Plecos, Yoyo Loaches

Nerine

Just a note for volunteers! Please see me for your duties when you arrive! I will be visible I hope ;) haha I will have a blue ovas t-shirt on and a nametag for those who don't know me!

I will be coordinating the volunteers!

55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

markw

I can be an auctioneer again this year.
I can also bring all my bagging material(including O2 tank), and if needed, I can do a mini presentation before, about proper bagging and transporting of fish.

sas

Sign me up for tear down, runner, and if I can get there early enough
setup.
All depends on the weather too :-\.

johnrt

If I recall correctly, I helped in the kitchen.

I had fun and nobody got sick. Well, at least, not right away.

I'd do that again.

John T

holachicka

Quote from: johnrt on January 19, 2011, 06:57:11 AM
If I recall correctly, I helped in the kitchen.

I had fun and nobody got sick. Well, at least, not right away.

I'd do that again.

John T

Hmmmm, I. Dont remember you in the kitchen at the last auction...maybe the one before?! Regardless, I get the feeling there will be à plenty to help in every area :) this is heart warming!

Fishnut

I was a cashier last year so I'll be happy to fulfill that duty again this year.

zima

If there are enough cashiers to take care of the cash (and it looks like there indeed are), I'm available to auctioneer.

washefuzzy

I'm available to volunteering for a position where I can sit down. Like greeting people at the front door to direct people and sell them tickets for prizes.