New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Planted tank photo contest?

Started by Vizerdrix, March 25, 2008, 05:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vizerdrix

Succintfish mentioned at yesterday's meeting something about a planted tank photo contest being run by Reefs Canada or something.  Anyone have additional info on this?  I know I won't win, I can't compete with Charlie, FischKopp, and all you other planted tank fanatics ;) but I wouldn't mind giving it a try. :)

charlie

Quote from: Vizerdrix on March 25, 2008, 05:07:02 PM
Succintfish mentioned at yesterday's meeting something about a planted tank photo contest being run by Reefs Canada or something.  Anyone have additional info on this?  I know I won't win, I can't compete with Charlie, FischKopp, and all you other planted tank fanatics ;) but I wouldn't mind giving it a try. :)

Need not worry about me  ;), i prefer the laid back joy of the hobby than the competitive or business side of it  ;)

groupie02

we only need to get Redbelly to look this way. He's the sponsor behind the contest.

fischkopp

My $0.02 about competition: Nobody grows algae better than me!

:P
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

groupie02

I don't know. Groan and myself are pretty good with Red Hair Algae in our salt water tanks.

dan2x38

I would like to enter my algae experiments. Be a KEWL addition.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Vizerdrix

ROFL!!!!

Maybe I should enter my Black Beard Algae that keeps popping up in the 65g! :D

washefuzzy

I seem to grow algae very well also.
I think we should have a contest of best algaed tank.

redbelly

Hey Guys,
When Reef Canada gets its own forum section it will be running a planted tank photo contest. The person with the nicest picture of their planted tank will win a free hydor koralia.

In a planted tank the water movement around the plants stems and leaves are very important yet you want to try and keep the surface still. For these reasons and more hydor koralia are great power heads. I will be writing a full write up to this effect when we post the contest and i very much look forward to our local plant guru's putting in their 2 cents :)

Vizerdrix

Thanks Pat, that clears things up a bit. :)