New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Fluval Edge 6 gallon

Started by Jeff1192, November 26, 2010, 09:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff1192

Thanks guys. The rocks are petrified wood. The badis have colored up very nicely. They're eating frozen bloodworm and brine shrimp. Theyre also constantly hunting baby shrimp around the 2 clumps of moss in the tank.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

RoxyDog

That really is adorable (you were going for adorable right? :))!
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Anja

Very nice. I especially like the petrified wood on the left.

(My pale badis is also coloring up, so I guess I have two males after all. Doh.)
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

Jeff1192

Quote from: RoxyDog on January 26, 2011, 09:47:57 AM
That really is adorable (you were going for adorable right? :))!

I'm glad you said that. It's EXACTLY the look I was going for.....haha.

Quote from: Anja on January 26, 2011, 10:03:38 AM
Very nice. I especially like the petrified wood on the left.

(My pale badis is also coloring up, so I guess I have two males after all. Doh.)

Mine are definitely a male and a female. The male is nice and red. While the female in the photo has some nice faint colouring in her stripes but definitely nothing like the male.

I'll keep trying to get a photo of him.

Jeff

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

Jeff1192

So I haven't updated this in a while. I just finished rescaping the entire tank. I got rid of almost all the rocks and I have no fish left in the tank now. I had moved out everything but the CPDs a while ago as I was really liking having mostly shrimp in the tank.

However, I was realizing that even with all the plants I was losing a lot of baby shrimp so today I decided to take out the CPDs and have this as a shrimp only tank.

To my surprise after I took out the THREE CPDs that I had originally put in the tank.....I kept finding more! Finally tally was 6 CPDs. So they obviously liked it in there! They are now floating in my 90 gallon waiting to go into their new home.

So now it's only CRS and RCS in the tank. Once the dust settles I try to get some new photos up.

Jeff

- George Orwell

jshchrtn

Jeff1192

Well now that there are no fish in there the cherry shrimp are reproducing like crazy. The crystal reds don't seem to have had more babies yet but there are 7 or 8 from the last batch that are growing quite nicely.  At the sametime I also redid the aquascape. The plants are now 3 or 4 different types of cryps, lace java fern and java moss.

We're most likely moving this summer or fall to a new house that we're going to have built. Because of that I'll probably have to shut down my 90 gallon for the time being (room it's going to move into will be in the basement and not finished right away). If that's the case I think I'll pick up a Fluval Ebi for my shrimp and make the Edge a fish tank for a couple of small favourites that I wouldn't want to lose from my 90 (eg: CPDs).

Jeff

- George Orwell

jshchrtn

If ya get a chance upload a pic I'd like to see sounds pretty awesome! CPD are great looking fish!

werehatwere

Wow! I love the sort of rock cliff piece you have in there!