New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

108G Rebuild

Started by garnpet, July 10, 2011, 09:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garnpet

Well, after 5+ years I'm tearing down my 108G planted tank.  I've grown a bit tired of its look and I'm finding I don't have the time needed to maintain the plants.  Over the past several months I've unfortunately let it get into disarray. 

The plan is to transfer the fish to a holding tank for awhile while I cleanup and rebuild the new tank.  No plants, just driftwood, rocks and non-alive items (other than the fish).

Before... (well at least when it was setup)
http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=105;u=495

Stay tuned.

1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

garnpet

Here is last nights 2 hours of work compressed into 20 seconds.

Driftwood, gravel and rocks added. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h7slVxhwcg

magnosis

Wow that was really cool :)  I love the driftwood pieces, especially those at either ends, awesome !

garnpet

Thanks.  I'm  not a huge fan of the middle piece of driftwood.  Hopefully I'll find something better before I add the water.

Shawn84

Where u got the 2 piece on the side? What you planning on keeping in this tank?
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

garnpet

The one on the left came from Superpet many years ago. The other one from Big Als in Oakvilke.

This is most likely going to end up as my Big Als Weekend Special tank.

dan2x38

Cool video I did that with the time lapse on the new camcorder with a sea urchin on the glass... LOL never did anything with it yet maybe I should.

Tanks looks cool Peter can't believe you changed it after so long. It is a real beautiful setup.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

garnpet

Got my Marineland Double LEDs tonight.  Tomorrow the water goes in the tank.  And the fish get returned to their home at the latest on Saturday.