New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

return pump died...why?

Started by NjOyRiD, January 17, 2011, 07:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NjOyRiD

maintenance night, did my water chnage, when i plugged the returne pupm, nothing, i tried another plug, nohing
why? anything i can do ?
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

lost_at_sea

Salt Water??

if it is i'm probably guessing there is calcium build up in the impeller... not sure what kind of pump you have but running it in vinegar/RODI water is a good idea, that can break down the deposits and get the pump firing again.

Can you hear anything when you plug it in? like the motor trying to start  at all?

groupie02

it could be almost anything. Post the type of pump that you are using and that may help us help you.
I would suggest giving your pump a good cleaning and trying again.

NjOyRiD

sorry guys it was a mag 9.5
i put it in vinegar, open it all, put it in vineggar agin, brushed it
now its working :)
ouff, scared the crap out of me hehe
thanx guys

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

groupie02

just FYI, the Mag9 is known for breaking its impeller because it's so strong.  I've learned that the hard way. I now keep a spare just in case.
glad to hear the pump is working again

lost_at_sea

been there done that.

2 best purchases of my life for under 5 dollars.

a massive pack of 100 alligator clips (so good for keeping wires / cords neat) and a MASSIVE tub of white vinegar.

glad all is good.

vic622

Quote from: lost_at_sea on January 17, 2011, 08:08:09 PM
2 best purchases of my life for under 5 dollars.
a massive pack of 100 alligator clips (so good for keeping wires / cords neat) and a MASSIVE tub of white vinegar

LOL, but true!

Now, if we could just get impellers for under $5 ... ::)
Vic
120g Peninsula Tank

Planted, high tech
Congo Tetra, Pearl Gourami, Honey Gourami
Serpae Tetra
Bronze & Pepper Corydoras, BN Plecos, Yoyo Loaches