New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Saltwater - Sandstorm

Started by jeeper014, January 28, 2011, 10:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeeper014

Good morning ,

I had a sandstorm due to 1 max-jet 1200 fall at the bottom of the aquarium and run for a straight 10 hours pushing sands  everywhere in the tank ...

i cleaned the rock with a turkey baster and everything look fine except ... all my tangs and a cardinal are doing fast breeding

I already lost my Naso and my Sailfin is in a pretty bad shape ..look healthy and everything except ( Fast breeding )

I think this is due because of the sandstorm i had .... I'm i right ?

NjOyRiD

do you have any air pump you could add for bubbles.
then do a waterchange because with that sandstorm, ammonia probably spiked
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

jeeper014

amonia is at 0.25ppm ..

I do not have a air bubble maker ..

Sailfin on his back right now ... issue swimming ... pretty sure i will lose him

salvini55

get a waterchange done asap then do another one tonight

Severum

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
LOL I was going to write that but Kev beat me to it.

Water change ASAP!
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

veron

why did the powerhead fall off?  never use the suction cups as they always fail. they must be hung from tank. big time water change as you've basically released stored up poison and killed your sandbed.

JetJumper

Run Lots of Carbon as well if you have it.,
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

dan2x38

If you want a sailfin mollie orange approx +2.5" you are welcome to him. I want to get rid of him adding a replacement. He's been in my s/w setup for 3 months very active.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."