New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

small leak getting worse

Started by taim_30, February 27, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taim_30

noticed that the overflow seal at the bottom of my tank has loose silicone so it needs to be resealed.  My tank is 120g and I'm hoping I don't have to empty it.

Does anyone know of a way I can reseal it?  Are there silicones that can be applied to a slightly wet surface?

125 gallon: Labidochromis Caeruleus, Metriaclima Estherae (Blue x Red), Labeotropheus Trewavasae Chilumba,  Pseudotropheus Acei Itungi, Pseudotropheus Elongatus Mpanga, Melanochromis Perileucos,  Pseudotropheus Perspicax

75 gallon: Pseudotropheus Kingsizei, Metriaclima Estherae, Pseudotropheus Elongatus Mpanga,  Pseudotropheus Flavus, Melanochromis Vermivorus, Petrotilapia Chitimba, Pseudotropheus Polit

Currently breeding: Pseudotropheus Kingsizei,  Pseudotropheus Flavus, Metriaclima Estherae, Labidochromis Caeruleus, Labeotropheus Trewavase Chilumba, Melanochromis Perileucos

NjOyRiD

let me contact my buddy for this! hes gonna help you out!
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

taim_30

Thanks...I have a bucket collecting the water.  It's a slow leak but I want to avoid a disaster.  The leak seems to be coming from my drilled area.  It looks like the silicone is loose around the fittings for the overflow.  I just need to caulk around it and hopefully there is a product that can be applied when there is water leaking.

Otherwise, I'll have to empty the tank and I really do not have room to store the contents right now.
125 gallon: Labidochromis Caeruleus, Metriaclima Estherae (Blue x Red), Labeotropheus Trewavasae Chilumba,  Pseudotropheus Acei Itungi, Pseudotropheus Elongatus Mpanga, Melanochromis Perileucos,  Pseudotropheus Perspicax

75 gallon: Pseudotropheus Kingsizei, Metriaclima Estherae, Pseudotropheus Elongatus Mpanga,  Pseudotropheus Flavus, Melanochromis Vermivorus, Petrotilapia Chitimba, Pseudotropheus Polit

Currently breeding: Pseudotropheus Kingsizei,  Pseudotropheus Flavus, Metriaclima Estherae, Labidochromis Caeruleus, Labeotropheus Trewavase Chilumba, Melanochromis Perileucos