New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My shrimps died?

Started by Kenny P, March 04, 2011, 09:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny P

My cleaner cleaner shrimp died after 1.5 years. I bought another one, it died as I was acclimatizing it (adding my aquarium water to the floating bag) now within 6 days of the first shrimp my pepermint shrimp died. This is wierd, all my levels are perfect. The only thing that has changed in 1 year is that I bought a pulsing zenia and a barnicle blenny the week before everything happened from the LFS  so ....2 + 2 = 4. What do I do? Im lost

KennyP :'(
I Rock..so please be nice!!

65G saltwater
15G "No Tech" cold water planted
2g Beta bowl
18x18x18 cube 3 Dendrobate Auratus
18x18x22 cube 2 Dendrobate Leucomela

Severum

Are there any other inverts in your tank? If so how are they doing?
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

Kenny P

I have hermit crabs, they seem OK snails seem OK

my pepermint is not quite dead, but he wont make it much longer, hes upsidedown on the substrate and I have not seen my pistol shrimp in a couple of days.

I just dont want my fish to be in danger.

65G saltwater
2g Beta bowl

bandit

when there is something wrong with your water shrimp will go first. Any copper in the water. When you baught the blenny did you empty the bag in the tank or transfer him with a net?

HomerJ

If the Xenia came on a rock, it might have leeched copper in your tank?

Kenny P

That was basically my guess as well as I have a strict policy about not putting bag water in my tank. I guess that is why people have a quarantine tank for everything coming in including Frags. Just a guess on my part, but....everything was fine up until then...now the tally is at ..peppermint shrimp, cleaner shrimp, pistol shrimp and the new cleaner shrimp I bought before I realized I had a problem. This has put me off for a while, The LFS said he would give me a deal on another cleaner next time I'm in ...but I dont have the money for this right now.... :'(. I have to save for my purchases

65G saltwater
2g Beta bowl