New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Fish Dying - Help

Started by cora, March 22, 2011, 10:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toss

Pearl gourami is a very strong fish against poor water quality and they also breath air. Whatever in your tank water right now could be damaging the fish gill thus only your gourami survive. If you have some MTS snail, you could use them as a "canary" to see if your water safe for new fish. If they crawl up to the water surface that's mean your tank still not ready for new fish.
75 gal - Mosquito rasbora, Bushynose pleco, RCS
9 gal - CRS
40 gal - Longfin Albino Bushynose pleco, RCS

cora

The water is definitely  not ready for any new fish. One of the gourami now has serious fungus issues, His whole left eye is covered over.  :-[ The water quality hasnt changed since the initial crash and its been over a week. Tests are showing the basic stuff normal. I have pretty much run out of things that could be causing it. I have been doing water changes regularly. I guess all I can do is hope at this point.

Nerine

take out the guy, dip him in meds and do a 100 % start over ha :P I'd be miffed by this point and that's what I'd do...just in CASE it's some sort of weird alien creature taking over your tank... (never know since BGA is not of this world...)

I would hazard a guess that the fungus started due to the stress lowering the gourami's immune system. Hoping he recovers!!! What kind of meds are you using right now? or any?
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

cora

only a pima/mela combo and salt. my fungus gourami is almost dead, I think I may euthanize him :(