New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

please help. blue dragon goby

Started by dustinm, April 11, 2011, 07:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dustinm

:'( Hello guys I bought a blue dragon goby a couple days ago. I just found him gasping for air rapidly at the bottem of the tank and swimming backwards?? (Kinda wierd). It is not looking good. He has been eating. All tank water tests normal. Ph 7.1. Amonia 0 nitrates 0 nitrite 0.  Any help would be great

Also. Tank has been very stable have not had any issues temp around 24 ish all other fish healthy. He looked like he was picked on when I got him. The other dragon goby is doing great. I wish he could tell me what's wrong

bergenm

Any chance he has eaten a fish that is too big for him to swallow?
Michael

dustinm

Just counted all the others.  All there.  doing a water change now and also added a air bubbler not much of a change

Brine

Dragon gobies are brackish...your signature has it in with ropefish and elephant fish which are freshwater.

dustinm

I have been told multiple times be different ppl that they can survive in freshwater tanks of course with adding salt. My tank by any means is not brackish but I do add salt every water change. I have 2 gobies. 1 has been in that tank for about 1 year in the same water conditions with no issues but I starting to wonder if my lfs had him in  freshwater with no conditioning to the water. He seems better this morning gills slowed down and he is back playing in the sand. Am going to play day to day and see how he does. I haven't lost a fish yet in that tank and hope I never do fingers crossed

dustinm

Great news!! mr blue dragon goby is doing a lot better. Eating great.  swimming around at night normally(not backwards) and seems to be having fun in the sand. Still kinda stumped on what happened but at this point just happy he made it. I am going to do some more research and testing of the water ( and double check my results with my LFS's results) and find a reason "why" hopefully

Brine

I suspect that the tank at the LFS had a higher salinity and it took him some time to acclimate to your tank. If that is the case he should be fine now although it would've been a bit rough on the poor guy (or girl).