New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Leaking Eheim Pro 3 2073

Started by diverguy, April 30, 2011, 08:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diverguy

No idea where this beast is leaking from because of the design.. it seems to start leaking about an hour after being turned on. I have cleaned the rings and lubed them with silicon grease to no avail .. my hardwood floor is a mess :( I have seen statements on other groups that this is a know ehiem pro 3 problem and covered under warranty .. just not sure the best way to go about getting this fixed .. still waiting to hear back from Eheim. Would Big Als extended warranty cover something like this?

http://www.zooplus.com/feedback/shop/fish/filters_pumps/canister_filters/eheim/133668

I dont want to take the pump apart completely, but someone in zooplus forum said he had his replaced under warranty by the shop he purchased it from. right now I have my pump sitting in a plastic box with a condensation pump at one end to put the water back in the tank.. seems to go off on the half hour.

Steve

RebeccaB

Hi there.  I had this exact problem with my Eheim Pro 3. This is my previous post on this problem: http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=46404.msg261189#msg261189

The good news is that it is a relatively easy fix ONCE you have the proper tools and replacement parts.  You need to contact EHEIM North American Tech support at 1-888-343-4662 before 5pm M-F and explain the problem to you. They will mail out a replacement part and detailed instructions on how to replace the part at no cost to you.  You will need to ensure you have the correct type of screw driver to replace the part. You will need a Torax size 10 (I believe it is a size 10) screw driver.  The only place I have seen this screw driver for sale (and I checked at Home Depot, Rona and Sears) was Canadian Tire made by Master Craft.

I hope this helps.  My Eheim has been working without any problems since the fix.

Rebecca
Slowly venturing down the Amano path...

diverguy

Thanks so much for the response. I will be giving Eheim a call first thing monday morning :)
As for the Torx 10 .. I have pretty much every geeky screwdriver in my collection ;) Good to know though.

Now debating if I should empty my tank so I can properly dry the hardwood under it .. or hope it dries without any mold production :P

Brent Shaver

To dry the floor just use a little micro heater or a hair dryer.  The micro would be quicker.  We use this often to get things dry from broken pipes or other mishaps that happen in the building and we found this to be successful without any mildew or mold issues.  Also alot less labour intensive then draining and moving your tank.

Hope this helps

diverguy

Ahh well .. I always enjoy taking things apart, but it looks like Ehiem is going to send me a replacement head instead :)

Thanks for the info again and I suspect I will be replacing my hardwood in the future once I am sure this leaking nightmare is over. I will be keeping the overflow solution (condensation pump) installed .. maybe make something a little cleaner looking just so I dont have to go through this again. And I have added a water alarm just to be sure.

Steve