New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

2000 gallon tank build

Started by Mike L, October 26, 2014, 01:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike L

Came across this on cichlid forum and thought some of you might be interested. Guy is building his house in Indonesia and is building a 2000 gallon tank in the family room for his Tanganyikan cichlids. The thread is 6 pages long with quite a few pictures over a 2+ year timespan. Enjoy.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=245198

Jeff1192

I've been following that thread to. It's an amazing project and I can't wait to see it stocked and running.
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

Mike L

I want to hear  all the details especially about filtration. and water movement.

sniggir

90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

charlie

Alert , thread jack with good reason  :P
You guys don`t want to miss this build by mother nature ;)
http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=58853.msg330327;topicseen#new

wolfiewill

I want to know how long it takes to do water changes????
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

Al

Greg, about 6.5 times as long as your 300 !! ;D

ajm1961

Unbelievable! Beauty tank - envious for the looks... not so much for the water bill!
He should sell tickets for visitor tours! :P
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!