New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

300 Gal. Stock Tank!

Started by busdriver, November 25, 2007, 09:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busdriver

Would a 300 gal. Rubbermaid stock tank make a good pond?
A 300 gal tank cost approx. $200.00.
I asked my wife if she would like a pond in the back yard next summer, she didn't say no!
I was thinking of putting a couple of albino oscars in it and in the winter bringing it into the basement.
Would I use a pond heater and filter or can I use a fish tank heater and filter?
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

jodes22

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  ;D ;D ;D

Your secret is safe with me... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

Sue

We used to have a oval shaped tub buried so it was flush with the ground and toped off with flagstone. It was 'OK' looking but you can never totally hide the (ugly) hard plastic, and it had no shelves for plants. You can get a waterlily to grow in them though. We eventually dug it up and replaced it with a nicer pond.

As for a heater. I've had other tropicals outside with no heaters from late-June-to labour day give or take a week at either end (depending on the weather).  Some species fair better than others. I've never kept Oscar's so I can't comment on how hardy a fish they are.

RedFish

I think that is a great idea, certainly a good price.    Since it is made to drink from, the product should be safe long term for fishies?