New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

White spots on my cinnamon clown

Started by markb68, May 07, 2012, 11:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markb68

Hi there,

I'm not sure whether this should be in the 911 section of this site but here I go anyways. I bought two cinnamon clowns 5 days ago and put them in my 24 gallon nano tank. The tank has been cycling with LR for a month prior to putting them in. All my levels are good too. Yesterday, I noticed three white spots that even look like some kind of bug parasite attached to one of my cinnamon clowns. Is this bad?

I also added a torch coral to my tank in which the spotted clown likes to hang out in. I tried taking a pic but my camera can't zoom in that close. Any suggestions? I'm still new to the hobby and trying to learn. Thanks.

Feivel

Maybe from ick from being stressed out. Any quality of pic is better than none. Don't bother with the zoom. You probably get better quality taking a regular picture at high quality and blowing it up than zooming in to take a picture.
Have any otheraquarium experience??
What's your setup?
Running a sump?

Dakotamay

It's likely as Feivel says and is ich from stress. It should clear up on it's own as long as the fish isn't stressed anymore and is eating well.

You also mentioned that the clown is trying to host the torch. It could be that the torch is stinging the clown and this could be the marks as well.  Some torchs will allow to be hosted others won't.  They'll sort it out between them. Nothing you need to do to intervene.

Good luck and welcome to the salty side.

FocusFin

If it is ich you can help the fish a great deal by boosting it's overall health. I've used Selcon (diet supplement) and it works wonders to help the fish recover from ich, hole in the head etc... A bottle will last you a year (depending on expiry date)

As was said above, it could also be the torch stinging the fish so don't panic just yet. Good luck.
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

markb68

Great. Thank you all for your responses.