New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

I'm back... well sorta

Started by bitterman, March 10, 2020, 07:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitterman

Back to having a tank in the house. Daughter wanted a Betta so went to Critter Jungle for one the nice ones they import. She has a 4 gallon cube tank for it.

Nothing special... Some hornwort and java fern.

Unfortunately she is not liking doing water changes needed on a new setup while cycling to keep fish happy.

One these year I will get my 180 built into the wall and get it back running It will be
Syno Multipunctatus
Calvus/Comps
Jumbo Cyprichromis
Frontosa or Gibberosa

Bruce

HayleYoyo

I am currently doing a fish in cycle, because my tanks crashed.

Instead of doing constant water changes, I'm limiting feeding to once every couple of days, and dosing prime to detoxify the nitrogen.

My guppy is having some fun rot, but otherwise
It's doing ok.

bitterman

We are limiting feeding also.  But such a small tank need to keep eye on things to ensure the betta does not die.  Also have plants to decrease levels. When done cycling most likely get some red cherry shrimp also

limed

Bruce , I have lots of cherry's shrimp if you need any.
Nice hearing from you , been awhile.
Still working in Kanata?  I 'm in Kanata still.

Ed

HayleYoyo

Plants are a good idea, but remember, melting adds ammonia. If the plants don't look like they are growing, then remove them until the cycle is done

bitterman

Quote from: limed on March 11, 2020, 05:25:58 AM
  Bruce , I have lots of cherry's shrimp if you need any.
Nice hearing from you , been awhile.
Still working in Kanata?  I 'm in Kanata still.

Ed

Thanks Ed might take you up on that once the tank is cycled. Yes I still work in Kanata

Bruce

Dxpert

Great to have you back Bruce. Looking forward to some progress pics on the 180

Calico3

So am I > Just able to get back on the site today  . Unfortunately fell and broke my pelvis and all my baby German Rams died within  two days of my fall. Off the site for  more then two weeks.  Of all  my baby Angelfish I have only a few  that have been able to survive  on the" first bites " . Glad to be home and do a small water change on each tank .  After close to a  month of no water changes its great ton start slowly changing and feeding again .

I was so worried about my fish and only one  of the adults looks like he is not  doing well.  Honestly its great to be able to slowly get back to taking care of my tanks the way that I used too.

Can the member that had the baby Blue Rams notify me . I really would like to hear how his have done as it is a goal of mine to raise some more as soon as I am fully abler too .