New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hello all

Started by oscarbuffalo, September 19, 2020, 12:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oscarbuffalo

I'm a grad student who's just moved to Ottawa. I've been fishkeeping a long time and mostly do freshwater african oddballs. Bichirs, mormyrids and ctenopoma are my favs. I wanted to try something new here and I'm looking into starting a smaller soft coral/macroalgae reef. If anyone has recommendations for marine retailers, I'm in the byward market area and will likely be looking for a large variety of macroalgae and maybe a possum wrasse if I can find one. Nice to meet everyone!

Gowalkitoff

Hi and welcome!  What are you a grad student of?    You have me curious about the soft coral and microalgae reef tank.  Is it like a nano tank?

oscarbuffalo

Im a bio grad student I mostly do genetics and physiology with fish and insects. It will probably be a 20 long or 30 with a a few HOB fuges just to cultivate extra pods. I'm aiming for it to be mostly caulerpa dominated. And i'm always looking for good quality liverock in the area if you know any places!