New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Intro - New build / Help Moving Tank

Started by xbrentx, April 22, 2021, 07:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xbrentx

Hello everyone,

I've been in the hobby before a few years ago with a 90g and 120g build, I've just recently settled into my new house and purchased a Waterbox 220.6.  I'm looking for information on how I should move this into my house, on the main level.  The tank is 6 feet long, 468 pounds, does anyone know any moving companies that would take this on?

Thanks!

noahcw

Most people measure their door or window to first ensure the tank can clear the opening, I'm unaware of the exact dimensions of that aquarium, but I assume it fits through your door. This may not be the most helpful, but if you can get a few people together, a purchase of some suction cups designed for moving glass would be wise. Best of luck!

new_hobby

Quote from: xbrentx on April 22, 2021, 07:09:57 PM
Hello everyone,

I've been in the hobby before a few years ago with a 90g and 120g build, I've just recently settled into my new house and purchased a Waterbox 220.6.  I'm looking for information on how I should move this into my house, on the main level.  The tank is 6 feet long, 468 pounds, does anyone know any moving companies that would take this on?

Thanks!

I recall WOLFIEWILL also had a very tank in his basement and recently sold it, he may know of a company who could move it, you could try to contact him. Good luck.

limed

You need to make sure your floor will handle the weight or you maybe find out the hard way.
You will need 4 strong guy's to lift this . 
  You may have to wait until the covid gathering is lifted to get someone to do this.

Ed

Calico3

If you find movers whom will move tanks please advise ?   I have a empty 53 gallon that I am not using.  Waiting for restrictions to lift to make more space.  Covid  19 has been here way to long and a accident last year doesn't help me with moving awkward large items at all.

However everyone enjoy the relaxation our hobby brings and keep safe.