New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hello from the hermit

Started by Ayfk87, November 07, 2021, 05:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ayfk87

Hello,

I've been lurking for a year now, recently moved to Ottawa Dec 2020 (during the worst time of the pandemic?? Yup 🤦🏾‍♂️) all the way from wetcoast (not a typo) Vancouver BC to follow my husband John with his new job. I'm sorry it took so long for me to introduce myself, I'm a bit of a hermit 🐚 🦀 ✌. So if you see me in public, expect a little well intentioned awkwardness 😅. Speaking of hermits, I have 8 hermit crabs named Crab A, B, C,... and so on. They love hanging out on the beach part of the enclosure for their fireside chats it seems. I can't always tell who is who since they swap shells once and a while, doing hermit crab things 🙄 hence the Crabalphabet.

I've been keeping fish since I was 12,
some of my tanks includes/included:
55g Malawi cichlids
55g Pea Puffers
55g (currently neos, mexi crays, and minnows / will be relocated to smaller more manageable and size appropriate tanks soon)
37g shell dwellers
37g albino koi gups and a white spectre cray
2, 47g communities (an east Asian region tank and a south American cichlid tank)
2, 20s community livebeareres
1, 10 currently baby self cloners

And a leopard gecko... and most recently a juvenile Chameleon. *gasps for air*

I moved here with my husband John and our dog Maya (a minpinchi-mix) who loves fetch and is overly enthusiastic about meeting ppl the first time.

Say hi if ya see us around.

Avery and -john-

Mark

Welcome, sounds like you had lots to move to Ottawa with  :)
Well and truly hooked.

Ayfk87

Quote from: Mark on November 09, 2021, 06:46:17 AM

Oh God, the move was stressful but thank goodness John's work covered the expenses... fish I had to rehome before we left.. so started anew when we got here.

:o seems like a quiet community here. I used to be part of the BC Aquaria community in Vancouver which was very active, I'm not quite used to the slower pace here in ON just yet  :P and I mean that in a good way, both fish hobby wise and city activities..  but then I guess we did move during a pandemic. Sighs

Jody

Welcome to Ottawa and OVAS!

Hopefully, at some point we will be able to get back to in person meetings and you can make it out. Until then, keep an eye out for our monthly Zoom meetings.

Jody

Ayfk87

Quote from: Mark on November 09, 2021, 06:46:17 AM

Thanks Mark!

Ayfk87

Quote from: Jody on November 15, 2021, 07:31:13 PM
Welcome to Ottawa and OVAS!

Hopefully, at some point we will be able to get back to in person meetings and you can make it out. Until then, keep an eye out for our monthly Zoom meetings.

Jody

Thanks Jody! I'll be sure to lookout for the next zoom!