New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hi all - any loach lovers here?

Started by QueenAlice, September 24, 2022, 02:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueenAlice

Hi everybody - I?m new here and looking forward to talking with other fish keepers (save my poor husband lol).

As the subject says, please let me know who here is keeping loaches. I currently am keeping Botia Kubotai and looking to get my hands on a group of dwarf chain loaches.

Cheers all!
Alice

lucius

Welcome!

Are you in Ottawa? I saw some dwarf chain loaches at Big Al?s yesterday.

QueenAlice

Quote from: lucius on September 24, 2022, 03:53:04 PM
Welcome!

Are you in Ottawa? I saw some dwarf chain loaches at Big Al?s yesterday.

Yeah I am in Ottawa and thanks for letting me know! I'll have to go pick some up when the tank is ready :)
Alice

Jody

Hi Alice,
It was nice to meet you at the meeting.

I came across these loaches on Tails and Scales website.
https://tailsandscales.ca/collections/live-fish/products/banded-dwarf-loach

When your tank is ready, if they still have some and if you want to order,  I am sure that there are a couple of us that might be willing to go in on an order with you.
Jody

AimeeV

Hi!
I love loachs! I currently have 7 kuhli loaches. This is my second batch of them, I think they are awesome! I've also kept weather loaches!

QueenAlice

Hi all,

It was great to meet everyone at the OVAS meeting last week! I am looking forward to the next one and the cool upcoming events we discussed.

Quote from: Jody on September 27, 2022, 11:43:03 PMHi Alice,
 It was nice to meet you at the meeting.

I came across these loaches on Tails and Scales website.
https://tailsandscales.ca/collections/live-fish/products/banded-dwarf-loach

When your tank is ready, if they still have some and if you want to order,  I am sure that there are a couple of us that might be willing to go in on an order with you.
Jody

Thanks for showing me these new loaches, Jody! I have not come across them in my research yet. I am a few months out from having a tank ready for these, but I'll post when ready. I first need to use this tank to quarantine some more botia kubutais that I am getting from Aquarist Across Canada (hopefully in October - if they are back in stock). I'll make a post on the forum to see if others want to split the shipping cost from Aquarist Across Canada (thanks for the idea!).

Quote from: AimeeV on September 30, 2022, 01:23:27 PMHi!
I love loachs! I currently have 7 kuhli loaches. This is my second batch of them, I think they are awesome! I've also kept weather loaches!

Thanks for your reply, Aimee! I love Kuhlis too - they have such funny antics. Oooooo weather loaches are cool too, I have mostly stayed away from getting them as my tanks are too hot to keep them in.

Truly, my goal in life is to one day have a massive tank filled with as many loaches as possible haha. Clown loaches are my favorite and I want my own Marge (

Cheers all,
Alice

AimeeV

I kept my weather loaches at 78 and did great! Never had an attraction to the clown loaches myself. I love the eel like bodies of the kuhlis and weather's lol.

QueenAlice

Quote from: AimeeV on October 03, 2022, 10:15:27 AMI kept my weather loaches at 78 and did great! Never had an attraction to the clown loaches myself. I love the eel like bodies of the kuhlis and weather's lol.

ahhhh you are fond of the danger noodles :P. Good to know that you have kept weather loaches successfully at the warmer temps, they are super cute!
Alice