New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

brain coral placement

Started by brotherluv, August 30, 2011, 08:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brotherluv

I just got an amazing looking brain and was curious if it would do better on top of my liverock or on the substrate...no camera sorry.

CS

JetJumper

Brains are a substrate coral. :)  I got 3 of them right now  and they love it 24" down under my lights.
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

brotherluv

That's what I kept reading. LFS peeps told me opposite...even though it was dumb I'm glad I asked the question.

CS

Thunda

Believe I've heard before that the only dumb question is the one not asked. 

Our brains are all on the bottom as well and doing well :) 

brotherluv

I guess while I'm asking the dumb questions... they told me to put a mini carpet anemone on the top of my liverock as well. One website agrees one website doesn't...any ideas?

JetJumper

That wouldn't be an issue, however the carpet will move to where it is happy whether you like it or not.

Carpets are a higher light creature.

brotherluv

How long can I keep the powerheads off for they're making the carpet look like a tumble weed...

JetJumper

They will usually attach their foot with in a few minutes from what I have seen.  Once they have a grip they are solid.. but if they are not happy.. then they may float around :(

brotherluv

Thanks for the help...ill leave them off until I go to sleep...sorry to be jumping back and forth...there is a mushroom attached to the brain...should I let it be?