New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Live Discus Food

Started by robinserena, May 25, 2003, 11:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robinserena

M little babies are still quite small (about 3 inches) but they're so friggin picky I though I'd try something new (they rarely eat much beefheart anymore..). I've heard blackworms are good, is this true? Also, I cant seem to find any...any suggestions :idea: ??

Troy

robinserena : Try brine shrimp. It use to be the only food my Discus use to eat. I had problems getting them to eat any other food afer. Getting Discus to switch foods was a slow process. The key was putting in very small amounts of the brine shrimp, with very small amounts of the color bits I wanted to add. They got put in at the same time. After 3 weeks I put less and less brine shrinp and more color bits. hope this helps..... Troy.

robinserena

I've tried that lol, they eat bloodworm and brineshrimp but nothing else!

Troy

robinserena : Try earthworms,But clean the worms thoroughly with water and then chop the worms up before serving them to your fish. good luck..... Troy.

robinserena

Oh Bluck I dont think I could do that!!  :(

Troy

robinserena : Which part ? the washing or the chopping  :lol: Cheers..... Troy.

robinserena

Oh i dont think I cut up something that was still alive!! :cry:

Troy

robinserena: Find someone else to do the cutting   :twisted:  Sorry I know not every one can do this  :wink:  Find a kid/ Boy and pay him 5 dollars for a bag of chopped up worms. Keep the extra in the freezer. You can then pull it out as you need it. Cheers..... Troy.