New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

how to remove an aneneome

Started by Darth, August 09, 2011, 05:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth

so I have a pretty nice size rock that has about 8 nems 7 rbta and 1 gbta I would like to sell off some of the reds, but can't figure out how to get them off the rock with out hurting them I tried aiming a power head straight at it and nothing taking the rock out may not be the best option for me either without causing all kinds of pain to my head =) and then how do I keep the nems from attatching somewhere else till I can sell them? any help would be appreciated.

Hookup

I used ice cubes at the base...  The nem hated that.. Took about 1/2 dozen... 

Darth

okay So I tried ice cubes didnt budge, I tried hangin the rock with the nems upside down with the tips hangin in the water wouldn' budge any other ideas I would really like to sell these darn things amost ready just to sell the whole darn rock with them all on it LOL any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheebs

It may come down to a chisel and a hammer..

Darth

I was able to chisel one off but I its a nice big rock and the nems feet are in crevices

martin_jones

Try pointing a powerhead at it - they don't like that and might move somewhere more accessible for you.

Martin
With fronds like these, who needs anemones?

Darth

tried that for 3 days LOL they just wont move LMAO

RossW

I have heard that they don't like vibration.  If you can pull the rock out, try hitting the rock to see if you they will loosen their foot.

Bob P

Old trick.
Use an old air miles card, etc.
Pry at the foot, flick, flick.
Eventually, they will let go.