New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Gallery pictures too big?!

Started by zippity, December 05, 2006, 02:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zippity

When I am adding a pic to my gallery and then I go into it to look at it, why is it always so darn big that I cant see pic all in one page but I have to scroll to look at it all from right to left and up and down. Am I doing it too big but I am loading pics that are only like 300-400KB, how can I fix this?

Cheers,

Terry

mseguin

Need to resize the pic before you upload it to 1280x768

darkdep

The file size has nothing to do with the resolution of the picture.

For example.  If I take a high-megapixel picture with my cheapo little camera, it gives me a pic about 2200x1900 or something like that.  However, if I view it with the XP built in viewer, it downscales it so I'd never know if I didn't go looking.  When you view an image on our site, you're seeing it at it's "real" size.

Filesize means nothing because different pictures compress differently.

IDEALLY, you should resize to 1024x768 maximum to accomodate most people who might be viewing your photos.

PaleoFishGirl

Quote from: DarkDep on December 05, 2006, 02:46:10 PM
IDEALLY, you should resize to 1024x768 maximum to accomodate most people who might be viewing your photos.

And also to help OVAS out with our bandwidth :)
I think this should be a requirement, not just a suggestion.

zippity

yea well for all you computer junkies this conversation means something but to a moron like me who gets paid to drink beer and watch movies at work, knows nothing about fixing filespace and resizing things. Perhaps a lesson needs to be learned on my part....anyone interested in calling me and doing a step by step? Oh yea I noticed the size of my pics from digital camera is around 2000 X 1600 which is way beyong what I need to do for her.

Cheerios!!!

babblefish1960

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on December 05, 2006, 03:36:41 PM
And also to help OVAS out with our bandwidth :)
I think this should be a requirement, not just a suggestion.

Make it so MDFC, this should be rule number three. >:(

zippity

oh wait as i fart around here at work cuz no movies to watch and nothing to do................i think i tjust figured it out......you can edit pic under image and then under attributes....right?

BigDaddy

There is a microsoft "power tool" for automatically resizing images with a right click

Google it and your re-sizing woes will be over

ryancarman.com

http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe

;)

save and install for winXP and when you right click on a pic it will give you an option to "resize pictures"
there follow the very ease step and you are good to go!