New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

I'am a recent Member

Started by Calico3, January 05, 2019, 12:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calico3

Hello all:  As I made a post earlier today I decided to introduce myself before the webmaster changed my sign in name .  Unfortunately made a major  error  when signing on and didn't use my common fish sign on for other forums " Calico3 " . ( Sorry computer input never has been one of my strengths )  I have kept fish since my retirement and started with fancy goldfish. However due to Ottawa's soft water I am now keeping  fish that do better in our water type.
I have a house crammed with fish tanks . Five large and 4 smaller that I use for QT or fry. I now have Angelfish and tetras and a few other dither fish.  For the last couple of months I have been busy raising some Angelfish fry.  Most have been re homed however this has been very rewarding for me and maybe further down the line I will perhaps raise some fry again. . I have so much respect for regular breeders as it is a major work project.
I have several 2019 fish goals and will open a new topic as I am interested in what other on the forum members" wish list " for 2019 are.
I want to continue to improve my hobby and hope to make some meeting this year.

sas

Welcome to OVAS.
Can't wait to see what you decide to breed in 2019.
Keep us posted.

Calico3

Sas  Thanks for your reply and I am happy to mention that I hope for some additional Angel fish fry and have recently purchased some really nice Blue Angelfish and very much hope that I will get a pair as they mature . If I am very lucky I hope for a late fall breeding and will continue to look for the best colour and structure  possible for  any future purchases.

I am having so much " fish fun" growing out my keepers that I will continue on a very limited basis to raise fry again.

I now hope that the individuals purchased have a successful QT period and remain healthy .