New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Recent posts

The Durham club organises their annual dinner on April 27 in Scarborough. Gary Lange, the renowned rainbowfish expert will come down to speak about his latest expedition. After dinner there is an auction with rainbowfish eggs from Gary's impressive collection.
For those that can come early: starting at 3 pm there is a backroom tour of the Toronto zoo fish room. This even can easily be combined with a visit to Tails and Scales. It promises to be a very interesting day!

For more info: https://www.dras.ca/socialdinner?fbclid=IwAR2VW2d2UnVKjEnZ_rxo2-5u5tRA-WrTHIBLlPm-QoUIAALIDNu_OqXuWcc_aem_AZtm1RwRbdehtGg3I6O_Au08jxFDEXpgGZbCmeCNiDXitU5d1fpu0BZKsWFOS_xQ9jDaTNDNzyc30pykFR8a1Ygz
Hi All,

The auction registration is now open

https://aquasam.org/liste-de-lots/

Hope a few people can go down!

Jody
Non-Member Classifieds / Looking for aquarium plants
Last post by Quin - April 15, 2024, 11:32:43 AM
Hello,
I'm looking for some plants for aquarium to start my daughter fish tank. If you have some extra plants that willing to give free or sell it with a decent price, please let me know.
Thanks,
Quin
Non-Member Classifieds / Re: 55 or 60 gallon fresh wate...
Last post by Quin - April 15, 2024, 11:28:27 AM
Hi Penny,
I'm interest in your tank along with the fish if still available.
Please text me at 613-227-4201 to schedule for pick up.
Thank you.
Quin
Non-Member Classifieds / 55 or 60 gallon fresh water Fi...
Last post by Penny L - April 14, 2024, 09:30:34 PM
Good evening, I have a 55 or 60 gallon freshwater tank that I need to close down and get rid of. My Mother had a stroke in December and I have been travelling to Montreal to take care of her and then I started a new full-time job so the fish tank maintenance has fallen behind and there is a lot of black algae. I have 1 Chinese algae eater (that doesn't eat the algae) 1 Bristlenose plecos and a few small tetras and Barbs. I am contacting you because I am hoping that I can find someone that would be interested in the tank, stand, all the accessories as well as the fish and the Fuval 404 filter. Everything works well, I just haven't been able to keep up with it. There are no leaks, I will need some help emptying it and it will need to be picked up. I hope to find someone that will enjoy it as much as I have.
Member Classifieds / Re: Looking for nano live bear...
Last post by Biulu - April 08, 2024, 11:16:10 PM
I know a breeder in Mtl, if that interests you.
News and Events for Other Clubs and Organizations / Montreal SAM Auction
Last post by Jody - April 08, 2024, 03:08:29 PM
Hi All,

Just wanted to put this up here, the Montreal SAM (french club) auction is on Sunday Apr 28th.

We normally have a bit of a group going down, and have a car pool.

Unfortunately, I can't make it this trip due to upcoming family obligations, but please if you are interested post here, and hopefully OVAS can still get a group to go down.

It is a great auction, with lots of goodies that you don't find in Ottawa, so worth checking out.

You can check out their facebook page for details.
Jody
Member Classifieds / Looking for nano live bearers
Last post by Slipper - April 07, 2024, 06:16:32 PM
I'm looking for heterandria Formosa/least killifish or neoheterandria elegans.  If anyone can sell me a female and couple males or more please contact me. Thanks.
Freshwater Tank Builds / Re: 48 Gallons Rimless Planted...
Last post by OVAS-Webmaster - April 01, 2024, 10:49:25 AM
CarlP, I reduced the size of all your pics as the accumulated size of all of them was causing your progress thread to open very, very slowly. 

Going forward, would it be possible to reduce the size of your pics before posting?

Thanks!