New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Very Constipated betta

Started by Gowalkitoff, February 17, 2020, 10:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gowalkitoff

I am trying to help my daughter's betta which hasn't pooped in a good 2 weeks now.  Big belly like a pregnant guppy. For the last 5 days I have put it in a pitcher with epsom salts for the afternoons, and have been alternating fasting and feeding pea.  Have already tried feeding deworming flakes.  Doesn't seem to be getting worse, at least.  Doesn't seem as gross as dropsy.  Any other tips? 

Pastis

There is an oil efficient for this.... don't remember the name, ricin or something like that

Gowalkitoff

I think ricin is a poison.  Are you thinking of castor oil? 

Edit: you're right lol

Gowalkitoff

Also how would i administer this to a betta?  Soak a pellet in it?  I have some already. Its a phenominal human laxative and skin cleanser, lol

Pastis

Yes castor oil   :)

First don't give him food for 2 or 3 days, and yes soak a pellet in it and give it to him

Gowalkitoff

Gilbotron

Many Bettas are prone to obesity.  Its recommended to not feed every day.  I used to get bloated bettas quite often and since I went to 1 or 2 days a week with no food, doesn't seem to happen anymore.