New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Online plants shipped to Ottawa

Started by Adam, October 17, 2006, 09:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

Anyone know anywhere online I can buy plants, and have them shipped to Ottawa?  I just don't see myself paying ~$20 for 3 or 4 plants at big Al's, when everywhere I have looked, online plants (that only ship to the states...) are much cheaper.

Specifically I'm looking for HC, as well as some background plants.  Thanks.

Adam
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

Black Hair Algae

http://www.aquariumplants.com/

they have a new Canadian site.......I haven't ordered from them yet but plan on to. Loads of choices, even plan biotope for you and prices seem competitive. ;D

Take note that they seem to only ship out plants once a month and there is a deadline to place your order...  :o

Let me know how it goes, cheers!

BigDaddy

Hopefully, aquariumplants has cleaned up their act a bit.  A few months back, their customer service went in the toilet (multiple reports of phone calls and emails going unanswered)

Very recently (October 2006), it still seems from the feedback at plankgeek.net, that things are still iffy as far as customer service goes.

I love their plant list too... but after the stuff I've seen going on with their sponsored forum on www.plantgeek.net, I'd be a little wary about buying from them right now.

Adam

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on October 17, 2006, 11:17:37 AM
HC?

HEMIANTHUS CALLITRICHOIDES.  Sorry, I don't want to retype it without the capital letters.  It's a foreground plant, and can be seen here : http://www.ottawaaquatics.com/usrimage/0hemianthus%20callitrichoides-.jpg

Weird, I didn't even know that there was an ottawaaquatics.  I'll see what they're all about.

Adam
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

Adam

I just emailed ottawa aquatics to see if a pickup rather than a delivery could be arranged.  Here is the website:

http://www.ottawaaquatics.com

They have some great deals, especially on their plant assortments.  I'll post when I get a reply

garnpet

Adam,

Do a search on this board for OttawaAquatics.com and you will see a long list of frustrated people who have tried to reach him.

Just as a lark I have been emailing him about once a month for the past year and I have never received a response.  Any attempt to call is met with a voice mail system which is full and the 1 time I actually had the opportunity to leave a message he never called back.

Don't get your hopes up.

1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

Adam

Thanks for the advice garnpet, I did a back search, and unless he replies to me, and I can do a COD order, I'll look elsewhere.

Hopefully I can get some of the aquatic horticulturalists to cut some trimmings from their babies *hint hint* ;)

Seems like the whole of Ontario/Canada needs some reputable online plant dealers.  Anyone up for the challenge? ::)

Adam

fishycanuck

Adam - have you been to our meetings? There are many keen horticulturalists (BigDaddy and PaleoFishGirl come to mind) who sell their plants for very low prices. Sometimes lower than they would care to  ;D

NjOyRiD

I'm still looking for some African fernnn, cant find any :(
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

zapisto

What sort of plant are you looking for ?

invisibleshopper

I ordered from aquariumplants.com in late July and got my order without any problems.  My e-mail questions went unanswered and since I too had read all the e-mails on plantgeek etc., I actually phoned them and placed my order to a live person.  I received my order on August 3rd.  I ordered a regulator but still have to buy the CO2 tank to use it on.

Thanks,

KLT

BigDaddy

Quote from: invisibleshopper on October 18, 2006, 03:11:56 PM
I ordered from aquariumplants.com in late July and got my order without any problems.  My e-mail questions went unanswered and since I too had read all the e-mails on plantgeek etc., I actually phoned them and placed my order to a live person.  I received my order on August 3rd.  I ordered a regulator but still have to buy the CO2 tank to use it on.

Thanks,

KLT

Good to know... so maybe their issues are strictly related to their online abilities...