New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Black spots on sword leaves

Started by angrycow, January 14, 2008, 12:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angrycow

over the last few weeks one of my swords, the biggest one, as developed some black spots on the older leaves.  It's not BBA, I know what that looks like.  It looks more like deficiency, just note sure of what.  All other plants seem ok, although the reinicki is looking a little ragged with some cupping of the leaves.  Any ideas?  Everything else in the tank is fine.

I dose 1.5 cap of trace every other day (b & b hydro) I upped it from 1 cap but haven't seen any improvements.  I'll try to get a decent pic is it will help

thanks

fischkopp

The reason could be that you are adding too much traces. When plants absorb these they will store some excessive micro nutrients in their leaf tissue. If the concentration is too high the cells can die off - what can be seen as brown/black spots on older leaves.

Why are you only adding traces but no macro nutrients?
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

angrycow

Quote from: fischkopp on January 14, 2008, 01:11:55 PM
The reason could be that you are adding too much traces. When plants absorb these they will store some excessive micro nutrients in their leaf tissue. If the concentration is too high the cells can die off - what can be seen as brown/black spots on older leaves.

Why are you only adding traces but no macro nutrients?

I'm also dosing macros K,P, CO2 and N when required