New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My fert schedule

Started by alexv, March 14, 2013, 11:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexv

Quote from: fischkopp on April 06, 2013, 09:25:04 AMI might have missed it, but what sorta light are you running, as of number of bulbs, intensity, spectrum and duration?

I have 8 x 80W T5 6400K bulbs. Currently running 6 of them for about 14 hours a day.
220g FW Community planted: SAE (5), Puntius denisonii (4), clown loach (2), Yoyo loach (3), kuhli loach (3), otocinclus affinis (2), rummynose tetra (3), harlequin rasbora (17), rope fish (1), glass catfish (3), bamboo shrimp (2), upside-down catfish (2), Chinese algae eater (2), rubber-lipped pleco (2), cherry shrimp (many)

55g FW Community planted: Black ghost knifefish (2), Armored bichir (2), banjo catfish (2),  Rosy tetra (2)

alexv

Just to update, seems like my algae problem have been solved. The tank is still doing well and no significant algae problems. Time to prune some plants after 2 weeks of doing absolutely nothing to the tank (not even cleaning the front glass) :)

I think the combination of regular fertilizer dozing (with a dosing pump) and also using Flourish Excel did the trick...

220g FW Community planted: SAE (5), Puntius denisonii (4), clown loach (2), Yoyo loach (3), kuhli loach (3), otocinclus affinis (2), rummynose tetra (3), harlequin rasbora (17), rope fish (1), glass catfish (3), bamboo shrimp (2), upside-down catfish (2), Chinese algae eater (2), rubber-lipped pleco (2), cherry shrimp (many)

55g FW Community planted: Black ghost knifefish (2), Armored bichir (2), banjo catfish (2),  Rosy tetra (2)

alexv

daworldisblack

Looking awesome! Great to see the white skirts are doing well for you!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

exv152

Hey Alex, Looks like your glosso has been filling in nicely  ;)
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Nice recovery, looking good.
Errol

alexv

Quote from: daworldisblack on May 10, 2013, 02:52:16 PM
Looking awesome! Great to see the white skirts are doing well for you!

Yes, thanks for them. They do add some contrast to my fish :)

alexv

Quote from: exv152 on May 10, 2013, 04:19:04 PM
Hey Alex, Looks like your glosso has been filling in nicely  ;)

That's true. It is spreading. I have never been successful with keeping glosso before. Now the luck seems to have changed :)

Thanks.