New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Iron Deficiency?

Started by androo303, May 26, 2013, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

androo303

Hi all, I am dosing my planted aquarium but my leafs are turning more transparent and veiny on the larger leaves of my plants which leads me to suspect iron deficiency. What do you guys use to help dose for iron? I am using CSM+B as my micros, but wondering if I need more to help with iron. Your suggestions?

Andrew.

Lithops

Hi,
I'm kind of new to planted aquarium. I had iron defiency and I used Flourish Iron. From what I read, the type of iron they use is available right away for the plant and what you put in the morning , it's all gone by the end of the day. So it's doesn't built up too. Since I use this, my plants did improuve a lot, but I don't know if got any product better then that or more suitable for your need.

Good luck
Lithops

exv152

Darker veins and lighter plant tissue can also be caused by magnesium deficiency. I use csm+b and don't have that issue. Have you considered upping your micro nutrient dosing?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

androo303

I will up it to double, where I am currently providing a single shot using a home mixture fert. Will report back when/if I see improvement.