New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plant ID

Started by Aiglos, February 15, 2006, 09:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiglos

Can I have some help IDing some of these plants...

The first plant I know is some type of hygrophilia but am not sure which variety

the other two I have no idea what they are, I purchesed them from a local fish store and the owner didnt know what they were, both plants died and I thought they were goners but they both came back to life sprouting from dead leaves.

BigDaddy

You have your standard green hygro, some ludwigia for plant 2 and plant 3 looks like rotala rotundifolia

PaleoFishGirl

I'm not sure what that big white fish is in your tank, chewing on your rotala??  ... in the bottom pic I mean  :wink:

Aiglos

Bigdaddy: thank you.  I knew you would get it . Is there any thing about plants that you do not know ? :)

Roop

i find this is good for id'ing most plants. http://www.tropica.com/plant_print.asp

i can now id aquatic plants in my sleep (but only in my wet dreams).

Roop

oh yeah, add some iron enriched plan grow for a week. it should turn all of those plants to a nice red once the reach the surface.

Aiglos

Good link Roop;

I still have trouble ID'ing plants.  I guess once I keep more of them and get more experianced it will come to me.  

Even looking at the plants KNOWING what they are I still don't see it in alot of cases