New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

I went on the pond tour! Who else did?

Started by Fishnut, July 15, 2007, 08:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishnut

I sadly didn't get to see all of the ponds, but the ones I saw were great!  Here are a few pics for those of you who missed it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

RedFish

Wasn't it wonderful?   Great pics, I posted mine in the pond forum as "reference pics".

I got some great ideas for my own future pond, did you have a favourite pond?   Mine was the one in Stittsville.

Fishnut

It's hard to say what pond was my favourite because they were all s nice!  I liked the one with the beach and your favourite pond.  I don't think I could choose a favourite! 

The pond we plan on building will be nothing like the ponds on the tour.  We plan on making something above ground.  It's hard to describe, but imagine the display pond in The Pond Clinic on the right hand side of the store on a larger scale.  As much as I like the natural look of many of these ponds, we're not into the gardening aspect as much as we are the fish, so we just want a giant fish tank with enough landscaping around to disguise the fact that we just have a giant fish tank!  ;D.  My fiance joked that we should have bought a house with a swimming pool so we could take out the chlorine and throw in some Koi.   :D

Sue

Sounds like you are thinking of a formal raised wall pond. Those can look really nice.

We went on the tour also. The ponds were amazing. My favourite was the one near Blair/Montreal Rd. I think it was called Lafrance residence.