New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

DRAS Aquariama 2012

Started by buntbarsch, January 19, 2012, 04:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buntbarsch

Exiting News......we have changed the format of our Aquariama this year.
Not to worry, it's still a buck-a-bag auction.
Check out the attachement for more info  :)

charlie

Thanks for posting Klaus
I especially like this opening remark  :)
QuoteThere is an old saying - "if you don't change you die". The last thing the Durham Region Aquarium Society wants is to die. No... we want to grow, to become better, and part of that is looking at what we've done in the past , build on that experience , and make it better going forward
Regards

exv152

Is there a list of the retailer names that are confirmed to be at the auction?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

buntbarsch

Quote from: exv152 on January 20, 2012, 03:44:45 PM
Is there a list of the retailer names that are confirmed to be at the auction?

The three on the flyer are confirmed but we are in negotiations with several more.

2075turner

I believe I will head over for it.  As the time gets near I will know a bit better.  If someone wants to car pool, pm me and maybe we can split the cost of going. ;)

Cheers

charlie

Quote from: 2075turner on January 20, 2012, 06:59:28 PM
I believe I will head over for it.  As the time gets near I will know a bit better.  If someone wants to car pool, pm me and maybe we can split the cost of going. ;)

Cheers
Same here.

buntbarsch

Here is an updated flyer.  More vendors have signed up to participate.
This will be a fun event, so don't miss it.

Nerine

55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Fishnut

I'm going for sure!!  Already cleared it with Hubby...LOL.

I also just got off the phone with Mark Curtis from Shenikah Aquatic Solutions (he was our koi speaker last year).  He has been koi shopping in Japan for the last 2 weeks and expects the koi to arrive just before the DRAS Auction!  Whoop Whoop!

So, I'll be heading there on Saturday, fish shopping and staying the night in a hotel.  I'll be fresh for a day of auctions on the Sunday!

Janny

Shame it's so far, I would love to go. I would love some yellow shrimp and heard a rumour there might be some there. :)

2075turner

I'm planning on going as well ;D

2075turner

If someone is interested, I have some space in my car.  I have someone grabbing a ride with me already so I would have two spots...

Pm me if you are interested. 

FYI, I'm a non smoker so if you are we would have to make pit stops for it. ;)

charlie

Thanks DRAS, good deals today all around , the vendors made it worthwhile .
Kudos to the 6 OVAS `ers that made the trip.

limed

Lots of items in the auction, also had a great time but a little tried. The auction was better since
ownly fish and plants was for sale. Lots of people and vendors. Met some new people that bread similar fish.
Didn't buy much this trip, waited too long.
Now where the pictures....

Ed

Quote from: charlie on April 15, 2012, 11:47:59 PM
Thanks DRAS, good deals today all around , the vendors made it worthwhile .
Kudos to the 6 OVAS `ers that made the trip.

charlie

Quote from: limed on April 16, 2012, 06:27:02 AM
Lots of items in the auction, also had a great time but a little tried. The auction was better since
ownly fish and plants was for sale. Lots of people and vendors. Met some new people that bread similar fish.
Didn't buy much this trip, waited too long.
Now where the pictures.... Ed

Yes Limmer where are the pictures  :)

buntbarsch

Thank you guys for coming all the way from Ottawa.
You are AWESOME  :)

2075turner

Yep, It was great!  Thanks guys for all the hard work you guys put in to move ALL  ::) those items along.  Definitely a lot to see.

daworldisblack

It was awesome! My first Auction ever and I had a blast. Got some new plants and fishes and met new people too! Also met some fellow OVAS'ians for the first time (Limed lol .. I always wondered what being limed meant till he told me his name was Ed haha) and chatted with some of the guys from DRAS. Great friendly people and really well-done! Did not know what to expect but was greatly surprised with the turn of events!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

limmer

Some of us have to sleep!
Sorry did not get a chance to meet "disworldisblack".  Nobody introduced us.

Here are my pics.
Udo Rothman Auctioneer on right.

Barry McKee in middle

One of the Auction Tables

Vendor Area

Vendor Area

Ed (limed) in the middle

Evelyn (2075turner)

Klaus (buntbarsch) & Errol (charlie)

Errol (charlie) & Sylvia (fishnut)

Fishnut

NOOOOO!!!!!  YOU posted my mouth full of hamburger piC!! ;D

I had a great time as well.  I got a pair of Egyptian Mouth Brooders that I have been looking for for a long time (thanks Peter), some swordtails, a culture of live Daphnia and some super red shrimp from one of the vendors.

Inspiration for us to improve our auction!!