New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

new here

Started by mcman, November 21, 2007, 08:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcman

hi i'm from paris ont. and found this site through the kitchener waterloo aquarium society site of which i am a member i've been to ottawa twice once hiking with a friend in 1975 and once hiking by myself a few years later. now i'm back through here i guess. let me show you some pics of my fish and tanks by showing you this site.http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb79/motorcycleman1/  8)

latios

Quote from: mcman on November 21, 2007, 08:30:24 PM
hi i'm from paris ont. and found this site through the kitchener waterloo aquarium society site of which i am a member i've been to ottawa twice once hiking with a friend in 1975 and once hiking by myself a few years later. now i'm back through here i guess. let me show you some pics of my fish and tanks by showing you this site.http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb79/motorcycleman1/ ; 8)

Hello mcman welcome to ovas you will have a great time here :). If you want to meet my dad online his username is dan2x38 and his icon is a canadian logo.

charlie

Quote from: mcman on November 21, 2007, 08:30:24 PM
hi i'm from paris ont. and found this site through the kitchener waterloo aquarium society site of which i am a member i've been to ottawa twice once hiking with a friend in 1975 and once hiking by myself a few years later. now i'm back through here i guess. let me show you some pics of my fish and tanks by showing you this site.http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb79/motorcycleman1/  8)
Hi mcman, welcome to our site, thanks for sharing your pictures, please do enjoy all we have to offer. ;)
Regards

Brine

Welcome and please say Hi to KWAS for me. I moved here (Ottawa) from Cambridge this past year.

dan2x38

Nice to meet you mcman. Checked your pics. that is some double tank set-up! Did you build the stand? Nice balancing act...  :D
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

mcman

Quote from: dan2x38 on November 21, 2007, 11:19:26 PM
Nice to meet you mcman. Checked your pics. that is some double tank set-up! Did you build the stand? Nice balancing act...  :D
yes i made the stand. it's made out of aluminum pipe, 1 1/2" angle, and some flat bar, the angle is at the base of each tank so it can't slip. it's light as a feather, but strong as steel. the stand is 48" high 17" to the first tank which is a 29g and the top one is a 20g long. it's a little tight reaching the power bar at the back of the 29g, but it can be done. maybe i should do it the other way. there's also a 10g under the 29g. with canister filters. so far so good. :o

mcman

Quote from: Brine on November 21, 2007, 10:06:04 PM
Welcome and please say Hi to KWAS for me. I moved here (Ottawa) from Cambridge this past year.
Ottawa's forum is like kitcheners. set-up is a little different but close, so easy to navigate. 8)

NetCop

Welcome to OVAS!
The gang here is great.
Friendly, helpful, informative (*umm... okay guys, when do I get my 30 bucks for saying that?  ??? )