New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Contemplating getting an anenome...?

Started by Zzippper, September 14, 2008, 08:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zzippper

I am contemplating getting an anenome for my 65 g tank. I have two true percs. But... I am not sure which one would be best?

Is there an anenome that percs favor that doesn't wander around too much? I am concerned about it stinging/killing my other corals.

The alternative is a coral for the percs to host. They are currently hosted on a gonipora - but are harassing it to the point where significant portions have died off. They were previously hosted on frogspawns - but I have not had much luck keeping frogspawns alive for some reason.

What other corals might they host?

Z

xenon

My true percs have successfully hosted in gbta, rbta and ritteri anemone's and they are wild caught!

Right now I don't have an anemone so they are hosting in my frogspawn. :)

fishboy

Mine are in BTA right now, but they did host in my torch and frogspawn and my toadstool.
Really they will host in anything, i have heard people say they hosted in zoos soo really what ever you give them they will be happy.
But anenome are cool and as long as you put it in a good spot at the start it wont move around that much. But they do need to be fed tho