New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Is it Mag or Alk

Started by FocusFin, November 20, 2010, 12:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FocusFin

While mixing up batches of Mag and Alk I turned my back for a moment and now am not sure which was which as I hadn`t labled the jugs yet.

Is there a simple way (short of tasting) to tell the two apart. Before I pour 30 ounces of magnesium into my system I`d like to make sure it`s not alk ::)

Thanks
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

Severum

The alk should make a cloud. Pour a little in and see which one does that.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

FocusFin

110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

FocusFin

110g saltwater/reef

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO