New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

150 peninsula

Started by salvini55, September 29, 2010, 03:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

salvini55

I told my girlfriend that moving to a new place brings new SOP's, such as but not limited to; a bigger tank (obvs), situated in my own private man cave only acessible via verbal password ie: "stincky socks" or more likely "Acropora Verweyi"  ;D and a beer fridge. She reluctantly obliged and I broke out in to a victory dance similar to as if i had just won the lotto.

excitment aside, here are the details

162 gallon rimless DT (60x24x26) - 75 gallon sump - 33 gallon sump - 55 gallon QT
Custom stand and floating conopy
Tek 6x58w fixture looking to add a retrofit for 8 - 10 bulbs total with RKL moonlights
SRO 3000INT
GHL 4 pump stand alone doser
RKL3
MP-40w
Reeflow HammerHead closed loop (will need insight on creating an effective system)

The tear down and move will commence in one month  :D

Vincenzo.

gangster kev, this shall be Ill-tings..

Severum

I believe this annoucement calls for a rap of some sort.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

holachicka

oh wow - this is great - a new kick butt tank build thread!! Bring on the pics as you work on it!! Lookin' forward to the updates!

omarh

*cough cough* mic check yo.........turntable scratch....ye and you don't stop i got a 187 in the @#$@#$ block yeee and you don't stop you got S to 55 in the house. You fishes mad cause i'm acccing....stunt soo hoood my tank will dominate yours. I build it ground up you bought it renovated!! Hammerhead closed loop dawg watchasayin. Reefkeeper lite got my tank feelin good.... Don't mess with my Tek10 or imma pull out my MAC10!!

how was that??? (borrowed some ideas from Rick Ross lol)

magnosis

;D I'M LAUGHING OUT SO EFFIN LOUD RIGHT NOW !  ;D

I'm really curious to see that peninsula idea take shape ! Keep us posted, yah ?!

salvini55

hahha  ;D awsome. Im suprised Vince didnt hit it, he just quit it  ;)

Hookup

Well geesh there fellas ... Sounds like a mighty fine tab ya got planned there

salvini55

yep yip, lots of work to do tomorow gotta tear down the 75 and put it all in rubbermaids. Rebuild the stand and canopy, drill the tank set up the plumbing and cook the remaining 50lbs of liverock.

decided what type of overflow ill rock, same steez as Pat rocks in his half moon. Im sure some others use it aswell.

for the closed loop I think I will do two 1.5 inch inputs with flat screens from PVCfitings and four 3/4 inch returns? I need to research more on closed loops to get the most out of my pump

salvini55

for Vafa/steve  ;)

My Mp40 make you duck
got a hammer head causing rukk
you in luck
my trigga' finga stuck
you wish you illa
u just a RO bucket filla
i spent my scrilla
on corals n' fish for rilla
my acropora lovin the flow
allthough they hate the yo-yo
u gotta give em what they need to grow
for sho'

omarh

OUF OUF OUF Salvini's heavy rhymes got your SG sky rocketing

salvini55

one of my stars turned into a fish!

Vincenzo.

a closed looped system,
got you on a mission,
on the peninsula, have u fishin'
for ideas, --- but no luck
vince made a leprechaun duck
with out a Swan, -Dive, air bags in the truck
scope, aim, -head, shot the buck.
but it aint hunting season,
got you all for the wrong reason

treason,
treason,
treason,

salvini55

Vincenzo.

Quote from: Vince. on October 01, 2010, 12:06:15 AM
a closed looped system,
got you on a mission,
on the peninsula, have u fishin'
for ideas, --- but no luck
vince made a leprechaun duck
with out a Swan, -Dive, air bags in the truck
scope, aim, -head, shot the buck.
but it aint hunting season,
got you all for the wrong reason

treason,
treason,
treason,

^ i do not remember typing this after several cocktails.

salvini55

sure sure  ;D

Ive got my rubbermaids all set up ready to go, so the tank is coming down tonight.

the stand for the 187 at the other place will be built next week and if everything goes as planned water will be in that tank.

On that note, does anyone have drill bits to drill the tank? I need two sizes  2 1/2"  and  1 3/4" . Overflows and CL inputs will be 1.5" and all returns will be 3/4".

So Im looking at drilling 9 holes on only one side of the tank on a 24"x30" sheet of glass.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hookup

This will be bad ass man!!   8)8)

salvini55

indeed  ;D. im getting very excited trying to pull everything together at the last minute. i still need some fittings, i am going to try boone plumbing or pvcplus tomorow

salvini55

got the drilling done.... 9 holes at 20mins a hole, 180 mins of straight drilling is hard work. Anyhow enough crying, big thanks to HomerJ for the drill bits comming through in the clutch  ;)

without further procrastination, I give you the Dirty Beast...

salvini55

Hopein to get the stand and plumbing done next thursday ish' here is the "planned" acuascape a cliff type reef face with a forrest of zenia shaded by four Tonga branches with SPS "trees" capped with a tube anemone on a hill  ;D

will it turn out this way...its fun to dream