New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

ToX's 220g In-Wall build

Started by ToX, October 10, 2011, 04:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToX

Okay so since yesterday, the tank is on the stand :) Today is sand,dry rock and saltwater filling time filling time. First I have to hookup the RODI...

A friend and I did the electrical, we brought another 2 15amp circuits, each have 8 plugs so thats 32 outlets :) Hop I have enough...

Here are the pictures.

Coral beauty

ToX

Yes, I'll post some tonight. The tank is 3/4 full of SW, the fish have been transferred and the rock also. I need to clean my old 90g an modify it to be the sump. Then I have to do the plumbing.

ToX

ToX

JetJumper

A little bold to put an nem in there already no?
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

ToX

Quote from: JetJumper on November 30, 2011, 01:46:05 PM
A little bold to put an nem in there already no?

Well were did you wanted me to put it? It is doing much better in the new 220g then in the old 90g. Plus it's with 100+lbs of 8year old LR.

White Lightning

ToX

Ok so I have not done much in the past 2 months. I will be doing the plumbing this weekend. I will be using my old 90g that I have clean as much has I can. I was wondering if anyone had an idea of how I should separate it, the overflows are really awkward. The Sump is not to go underneath the display because it's too tall and I would only have 3 inch of clearance. So the sump is going where those 2 buckets are, that way it will be more accessible.

I also ordered a bunch of stuff from BRS.

So what do you guys would do fore the sump design of that 90g?

ToX

Ok so the 90g doesn't fit under the DT so before installing the sump and all the plumbing, I decided to do the drywall first. So last weekend, I did all the drywall. This weekend I will do the tapping and the mudding to be able to paint it this week and next week do the plumbing.

Hookup

have you considered cutting those overflows out of the 90g and just patching over the hole with a piece of the left over glass? 

I like the idea/plan to keep the sump accessible.  for myself it's all about easy-of-maintenance.... whatever is easy gets done, whatever is a pain gets neglected...

ToX

UPDATE

I finish the drywall and the paint... finaly....

I removed the overflows from my 90g and will now buy the glass needed for it to become a sump. The picture bellow is what I think I'm gonna build. What do you guys think? I don't need a refugium section since I will have a 40g that will become that.

It's taking me time but I'm getting there...

ToX

Update

Sump is finished, I'm now doing the plumbing. However, I seemed to hit a snag, some water fell on my mp40w controller and I think it's dead...

Can someone lend me a mp40w controller to see if it's the controller?

Thanks

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

ToX

Quote from: NjOyRiD on March 30, 2012, 05:26:56 PM
Hows the return pump going?

I received it Wednesday, but I haven't hooked it up yet,

I using my old return pump now... water is circulating now :D Now I need to do the plumbing for the new return pump.

I need to fix my controller for the vortech or if someone can lend me one :D

Maybe I'll just buy the upgrade to the ES

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

BadTiming

Was it salt water or fresh water that spilled on your controller? My daughter spilled fresh water on her lap top, dried it up and let it dry for a week ( recomended by our Engineering Guru), fired it up and no problems. Might be able to speed thing up using a hair dryer...
Currently upgrading

Vincenzo.

Lots of big project..that need big money...but could not spend the cash on bathroom grade drywall. Might b a prob down rd. My 02ยข 

ToX

Sorry for the long wait... I've been so busy with work...

Updates :

I finished the plumbing last week. I had the return pump since march and hadn't have the time to plumb it. Next thing to install is the lights.

I got a new mp40wes controller.

I got a used mp60wes. So now I have good flow.

I got a new fish. I bought a foxface. They are suppose to eat hair algea... mine doesn't seem to eat it lol.

Next thing to do is lighting. Maybe that's my problem, my bulbs are like 4 years old LOLOL. New LEDs will take care of that.