New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Emeraude's tank

Started by Emeraude1484, May 02, 2012, 02:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

salvini55

I would buy an MP40 if i were going for a wavemaker type pump. I think the Hydor one is ok. But for what its worth saving the cash and going with the MODDED Maxi jet 1200 is a safe bet

Emeraude1484

Quote from: salvini55 on May 11, 2012, 10:55:42 AM
I would buy an MP40 if i were going for a wavemaker type pump. I think the Hydor one is ok. But for what its worth saving the cash and going with the MODDED Maxi jet 1200 is a safe bet

Excellent, I'll bring it up. :D

Finally have the protein skimmer up and running got a few ml overnight!!! Yes I am completely over-enthusiastic ;)

Going to be dipping all the acro frags tonight, don't believe I see and bites or eggs but might as well test it out.

Emeraude1484

A little update,

Cyano still a small issue, bubbles are nowhere near as bad as they were and I"m still scrapping it off whenever I do water changes.

Iodine dipped all the corals, found no pests.  Acros are still looking rough but don't seem to be receeding since being fragged.  The pink birdnest is actually growing! :D  The green chalice extends feeders every night, the new orange one (added on friday)has yet to do so but had not receeded or bleached in any way.  The bubble added at the same time looks fantastic.

The mandy has doubled in size in 1.5mths that it's been there.  The bi-coloured blenny is bold enough to stick around the mated clown pair ;)  We added a blue-sided wrasse on friday, seemed to be doing fine.  Eating mysis, swimming around and now we haven't seen him in over a day :(  The only thing that might have affected it is temp on Sunday as we couldn't turn on the air but NOTHING else was affected.

Parameters:nitrate 0.25 nitrite 0 ammonia 0 Phosphate 0 Cal 440 Alk 7.4 (this is the only one that I'm having an issue keeping steady!) Mag 1400

kole18

I used kalkwasser my alk & cal, mag seems stable now, I don't use a lot of mag 5 ml a week which is thrown in ato mix/w kalkwasser so it drips into my sump it last my 10g reservoir a week. I'm getting cyano but not much, water change weekly is the best to solve the cyano:).

Emeraude1484

I think I've finally figured out a dosing schedule for the time being.  Alk is 60mL/day Cal 30mL/day I'll test the alk daily and cal next week and change it accordingly.  Mag I'll test/dose once a week. :D

I'm leaning towards a calcium reactor when funds and space become available. kalkwasser was an option but I have no room for an ato :(

Emeraude1484

Made our DIY frozen food

Seafood Medley of mussels, squid, octopus, shrimp, added some selcon, garlic, nori, Mysis, Cyclopeeze, a few new era pellets.

The Fishies seem happy  ;D The LPS go nuts within seconds and I've noticed actual PE in the acros! 

Next step is adding a screen top before adding any new fish.  How's this stocklist for a 90gal?

Current:
- 2 clowns
- Bi-colour blenny
- Firefish
- Yellow watchman

Possible additions:
- Blue-sided wrasse
- 2 anthias
- Kole tang or mock lemon peel tang

Emeraude1484

forgot the Potter's angel

NjOyRiD

vient donc me jaser hihi
je me tient ici derniemrenet: http://www.facebook.com/groups/jgomes/
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO