New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Indoor Pond

Started by Flawed_Artist, October 20, 2005, 09:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flawed_Artist

I've got a pond, 6' x 4' x 2.5' - 200 gallons. I'm keeping it indoors, putting white sand in the bottom, and heating it. I can get a lid for it - a wire locking one. I haven't done brackish or salt, but I'm willing to read and willing to try. Any suggestions on what to put in? Please help!

Flawed_Artist

Please help? Anyone? Anything at all? I was thinking of sting rays . . . I don't think they need to height, but whatever.

Maybe I'll do research on some oddball fish. Please post any idea *at all!*

aidensmomma2000

Thats a big pond- Id be worried maybe about the humidity with such a big surace area?
I know nothing about ponds, just a thought.

Mettle

An arowana. Build a cage around the pond and add some perching branches and buy small birds and watch as it leaps up to get them. Grade A entertainment, right there!

Other options... Give it to me and I'll build one kick ass habitat for my turtle. ;)

Nerine

you really wouldn't be able to enjoy saltwater fish that much in a pond...but you could do rays or starfish if you want to go exotic...you know like those tidepool type tanks at the aquariums. meh humidity will come, but you gotta think at how much humidity your tanks put into the air too...in the winter it's good, keeps the house from drying out from the heater!! great for growing tropical plants around it!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts