New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Indoor pool

Started by oenology, November 16, 2005, 06:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oenology

Well as of this afternoon, the pond fish are finally out of the pond and into the inflatable pool I bought on sale this fall. It's 10' in diameter and 30" deep. Even if I only fill it 2' that give me 1180gal!!!) Lots of water. I set it up in our "hunch space" (the basement is too low to be a real basement and too high to be a crawl space - lots of storage though...)  If the fish survive and do well then next year it's going to be koi! Has anyone used one of these pools with the inflatable ring? for fish keeping of course :lol:

Nerine

I haven't!! but it sounds cool :D I'm thinking of bringing in my kiddie pool I bought for the dog and putting a filter and some guppies and plants in it...who knows, it might be fun :D
keep us posted on the pool!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

AdamR

Is an inflatable pool safe?  Wouldn't you be better with a rigid one?  I would hate to see you get a hole in it.

Jim

AdamR

1180 gallons would not suck, it would BLOW!

Jim

LOL everything would be soggy!

rockgarden

IMHO it should be fine all winter. However, you may need to add some air from time to time since even the best of balloons deflate over time.

Ron

oenology

The great thing about the space the pool is in is that the house was built on bedrock and there's just 8" of gravel laid over top of it so if the pool does spring a leak, with I think is pretty improbable (the base is 2" thick sheets of polystyrene insulation), it doesn't matter as the water can flow away. Our hot water heater sprung a leak that we didn't notice for who knows how long (except we were wondering why the electricity bill was so high...) and there was no water damage to any of the stuff down there. I never would have tried it otherwise!