New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Where to buy C02 Cylinder?

Started by Raeiika, October 28, 2019, 12:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raeiika

Hey there! I'm getting back into the hobby and a couple years ago bought a complete setup from C02 Art in the UK but never got around to using it or buying the cylinder- it seemed difficult to source and get filled.

I'm using it on a new 17g aquarium that will be moderate to heavily planted. Likely low-dosing due to shrimp (I remember reading it wasn't too great in high dose for them but this might not be the case). What would be the suggested cylinder size, where can I buy them, and where do I get them filled? I vaguely remember hearing something about the fire department lol.

Thanks!

lucius

You could post an ad in the OVAS classifieds to see if anyone has one available or maybe check kijiji.

The two places I go to for refills are Pyromateck in Gatineau and Davidson Fire Extinguishers in Ottawa.  I have bought some cylinders from Pyromateck but never from Davidson's.  The size you should get will depend on if you have room for the bigger sizes or not.  The bigger you get, the less often you will have to refill.

OttawaFolkFestivum

If you are in the West end you can try Defalco Wine making shop in Bells corners. They recently added the ability to fill tanks. They only do up to 15 lbs I believe.

The advantage is less travel and more available hours.

I just recently had a tank recertified and filled at Davidson and it was great service. However it's downtown and closes at 4:30.
Cheers, Steve