New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Custom/Diy lids

Started by noahcw, December 18, 2019, 04:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahcw

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to either diy, or get a custom aquarium lid locally and have no idea where to look. I'm trying to get a clear top and was hoping theres a cheaper/better way than buying aqeon tops.

Calico3

Hello :  I have multiple tanks and instead of buying custom covers for all I decided to use what the KING of DIY used for his 2000 gal tank.  I bought from Lowe's a TUFTEX  panel. If you need only one aquarium cover perhaps not appropriate however very cost effective with multiple tanks   This is a crystal clear panel with slight waves .  It is easy to cut to size and with small fish I know it is also next to impossible for them to jump out. The first picture is a piece that I have been keeping for  a possible new aquarium.

The second is showing a curtain behind so the water can be easily seen through the covering

I hope this helps if you consider DIY . Good luck

Filet_O_Fish

If you are still looking I get my one piece glass tops from Centennial Glass on Industrial Avenue. They can pretty much cut whatever you want. Prices are reasonable especially if you just want plain 4 sides. A recent 10 gallon glass top cost me around $25 but that was with a corner cut.
The first time I got shrimp my wife asked "How big do they get and can you eat them?"