New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

This just in: OVAS still a sausagefest

Started by PaleoFishGirl, June 08, 2006, 12:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babblefish1960

Out of deference for PFG and her current absence, I thought I would step up to the plate and try in my most PFG sounding voice to announce that the OVAS ratio of males of the species relative to females of the species has moved even further up since seanc's comment that we are moving up.

It is as of this moment in time, 3.3 men to 1 woman.

I must confess, I am very uncertain of what a 0.3 male would appear to us as. ;)

It would be good to have a better balance, but how many geeky fish females could there possibly be?

beowulf

I am surprised that the ratio is so lopsided!! I also wonder what a third of a man is.

darkdep

I actually think the true ratio is more balanced, but you have to actually manually go in and set your gender on your profile...and given the state of the internet and the world, I bet that although most men have no problem identifying themselves as such, women are probably less comfortable doing so. 

babblefish1960

There is quite possibly some validity to that assertion, as the internet is somewhat predatory. But some of the user names are a dead giveaway, like fishpassion has definitely got to be a girl, as does pegasus, that's a girly horse isn't it?

Just joshing you guys, but there is the time honoured tradition that almost any woman is worth at least two men anyday. This opinion only has merit when I'm given permission to have it. :D

babblefish1960

I am stupified that no one took exception to the previous statement about fishpassion or pegasus, the babbling guy sounds like a maroon.

It is a sad report that the ratio has dipped to 3.4:1, perhaps it was something I said, or wait, it isn't that we're losing females of the opposite sex, rather we are gaining males of the species at a higher rate. So what is it that is attracting a higher ratio of men, and not attracting women at the same rate.

It is even more interesting when you do some math, if Ottawa has a ratio of genders, 3.1 females to 1 male, how then are we reversing this number in the club? Are we really just such a bunch of frighteningly ugly men that the women feel faint at the door and run away? Perhaps we shouldn't all flock to the newcoming women when they come through the door, as the swarming impression leaves them breathless and fearful.

Perhaps PFG or someone like her could come in and shed some light on the situation from a gentler perspective.

PaleoFishGirl

Well, I'm pretty sure I've figured it out - all of the gorgeous women in OVAS are attracting men to the site/club :D

s0me

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on January 12, 2007, 12:45:48 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure I've figured it out - all of the gorgeous women in OVAS are attracting men to the site/club :D

It may also be a result of my poictures posted of me in my red speedos!!

babblefish1960

Quote from: s0me on January 12, 2007, 01:01:20 PM

Now let me get this straight, you are suggesting s0me, that more men are being attracted to the club website because of pictures of you in speedos? I don't mean to sound partial, but I would rather see the gorgeous women in OVAS than you in speedos, that would go for Art in speedos too. But hey, to each his own, I'm sure you're adorable in speedos.

s0me

Quote from: babblefish1960 on January 12, 2007, 01:30:44 PM
Now let me get this straight, you are suggesting s0me, that more men are being attracted to the club website because of pictures of you in speedos? I don't mean to sound partial, but I would rather see the gorgeous women in OVAS than you in speedos, that would go for Art in speedos too. But hey, to each his own, I'm sure you're adorable in speedos.

You can't fight what god gave you!

;)

Seanc

Quote from: s0me on January 12, 2007, 01:45:55 PM
You can't fight what god gave you!

;)
god gave you a speedo? why must he torture us?

sas

PFG ,Very well said  :).
Quote from: s0me on January 12, 2007, 01:01:20 PM

And where would these fine poictures be located :-[. Sorry family site :-X

fishycanuck

Quote from: Seanc on January 26, 2007, 09:15:57 AM
god gave you a speedo? why must he torture us?

Good one, Sean - I think the answer must be she has a twisted sense of humour.
:P

babblefish1960

Oh yes, seanc, ka-ching, and fishycanuck, she must surely have a very twisted sense of humour. Men lose hair on the top of their heads with time, but start growing it out of their noses and ears and tops of their shoulders instead. The irony is baffling, what could possibly happen to women to equal the embarrassment?

beowulf

There should be laws baning Speedos..... :o

gonzobluefuzz

Quote from: babblefish1960 on January 29, 2007, 02:28:06 AM
Oh yes, seanc, ka-ching, and fishycanuck, she must surely have a very twisted sense of humour. Men lose hair on the top of their heads with time, but start growing it out of their noses and ears and tops of their shoulders instead. The irony is baffling, what could possibly happen to women to equal the embarrassment?

I'm not gonna go near this one  ::) :P ;)

babblefish1960

I would suspect that there seems to be a hint of a possibility as to a smidgen of a kernel of a nugget of the truth in this statement. After watching all the silly men trying to stare into boxes of bags of fishes over chatting up the pretty women, it does seem to have merit as a potential cause and effect situation.

It is 3.7 to 1 currently, and I fear it seems to only worsen with time.

PuddleDuck

Quote from: babblefish1960 on December 23, 2006, 01:26:03 PM
There is quite possibly some validity to that assertion, as the internet is somewhat predatory. But some of the user names are a dead giveaway, like fishpassion has definitely got to be a girl, as does pegasus, that's a girly horse isn't it?

According to Pegasus's profile, she is infact a he.  ;)
http://ovas.ca/index.php?action=profile;u=14