New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

This just in: OVAS still a sausagefest

Started by PaleoFishGirl, June 08, 2006, 12:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apistome

Wow, Things are looking up as of right now.....

3.2:1

Sausages are getting smaller
*cough/choke*

PaleoFishGirl

Well, we're getting there.  We demand smaller sausages! Erm... wait...

mseguin

apistome

Quote from: mseguin on July 27, 2006, 10:56:28 PM
Speak for yourself Apistome.

:-[
wheres the backpedal key?

mseguin

babblefish1960

Ah Apistome, foot planted firmly in mouth I see, well, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

I think that it can be lovely to have the fairer sex being more broadly represented here, it certainly beats getting more bonehead troglodytes bashing at the keys with their foreheads as though somehow being louder makes one more right about something.

Unfortunately, troglodytes come in both of the current genders, and it would be great if we could skip out on the missing link mentality from both sides of the meadow.

mseguin

Quote from: babblefish1960 on July 27, 2006, 11:50:34 PM
as though somehow being louder makes one more right about something.

Or longer.....  ;)

PaleoFishGirl

Good news, ladies!

Male to Female Ratio:     2.9:1

We're gaining! :D

succinctfish

Woohoo! ;D
It would be interesting to know what are the fishy interests of the women on the site?
Just curious :)

artw

LOL,  or the 2.9 Men... 
You know, I heard a rumour a few years ago that the ratio of available women to men in Ottawa was 3:1... so is it any coincidence that it is the opposite on OVAS?  or am I just unlucky ;)

mseguin

Rudy00

babblefish1960

Quote from: succinctfish on September 26, 2006, 04:28:07 PM
Woohoo! ;D
It would be interesting to know what are the fishy interests of the women on the site?
Just curious :)

Getting back to track here, it is an interesting idea to learn just where gentler interests lay, as it is only marginally informative looking at signatures.

There seems on one hand to be a plethora of female betta zealots along with silly puffers that look like human babies, and of course the snail weirdos, but are their any other interests?

Oenology has Africans amongst others, Succinctfish has SA cichlids and pencils and cory's and PFG has boeseman, Julie has Discus, Laura has lots of stuff and fishycanuck has gorgeous pink hair, what are all the rest of the woman up to these days?

Julie

You forgot my masculine side babble, my trick oscars and big pleco. 
They jump for hikari pellets, and hikari only - the rest they spit out. :D

babblefish1960

My sincere apologies, how could I have been so missive, cool trick with the oscars, smart to spit out anything but hikari, perhaps you would like to tell us further what other peculiar fish you possess?

BigMomma

Quote from: babblefish1960 on September 27, 2006, 08:15:52 PM
Getting back to track here, it is an interesting idea to learn just where gentler interests lay, as it is only marginally informative looking at signatures.

There seems on one hand to be a plethora of female betta zealots along with silly puffers that look like human babies, and of course the snail weirdos, but are their any other interests?

Oenology has Africans amongst others, Succinctfish has SA cichlids and pencils and cory's and PFG has boeseman, Julie has Discus, Laura has lots of stuff and fishycanuck has gorgeous pink hair, what are all the rest of the woman up to these days?

Why don't we have a Women's Fishy Poll?  ;D

babblefish1960

Alright BigParent, why don't you make one yourself then, you are after all, a fishy woman, right?

addendum: If you are shy of course, someone else can do it, but it should be by women and for women, no men in dresses allowed. ;D

BigMomma

By thunder! I didn't know I could ... sorry now I feel silly  :-[

PaleoFishGirl

Well now, don't feel silly - just make one!!

PaleoFishGirl

Update:

Male to Female Ratio:     2.8:1