New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aquamania info

Started by charlie, January 13, 2013, 06:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenins

Quote from: charlie on February 13, 2013, 12:50:50 PM
Speakers are scheduled to begin as early as 9 or 10 AM will go the entire day until 6/7PM
The cost absolutely free
stay tuned a full program will be posted soon.
Hope to see you out.
Regards

Wow, that will be worth the 6 hour drive from Kitchener-Waterloo :)

Zenin

Cichlids: With great challenges come great rewards

charlie

Quote from: zenins on February 13, 2013, 01:53:49 PM
Wow, that will be worth the 6 hour drive from Kitchener-Waterloo :)

The club do try, we will be pleased to see you guys  ;).

charlie

Folks this your event,if the club can do this for it`s 59 TH year of exsistence, just imagine  what can be done for it`s 60 TH anniversary but you will decide if we can have a big bang for OVAS 60 TH by supporting it`s 59 Th. ;)
Regards

crazy 4 fish

Hey guys . Looking forward to attending the auction part of Aquamania and hopefully be able to participate in more next year. I'm sure it will be a great success so just the start of many more. I saw that Robert (Fishkopp) mentioned that he liked the way the SAM auction previews items in another thread. I went to both the spring and fall auctions of SAM. The flow is great and the fact that you can purchase a table/item list makes the auction so much user friendly. They often use Latin names for fish and plants which made it hard for us to follow what was up for sale. Thankfully my friend and I have smart phones so we could Google what we didn't know  :)

Cheryl

charlie

Quote from: crazy 4 fish on February 21, 2013, 02:06:59 PM
Hey guys . Looking forward to attending the auction part of Aquamania and hopefully be able to participate in more next year. I'm sure it will be a great success so just the start of many more. I saw that Robert (Fishkopp) mentioned that he liked the way the SAM auction previews items in another thread. I went to both the spring and fall auctions of SAM. The flow is great and the fact that you can purchase a table/item list makes the auction so much user friendly. They often use Latin names for fish and plants which made it hard for us to follow what was up for sale. Thankfully my friend and I have smart phones so we could Google what we didn't know  :)

Cheryl
You guys should really come down on Sat. don`t miss the fun ;)
Errol

zenins

Well, room is booked finally at the OVAS discount rate ;)

Looking forward to the weekend presentations, vendors and auction.

Now, if someone could arrange for good driving weather, that would be great   8)
Zenin

sas

Quote from: zenins on February 23, 2013, 09:11:30 AM

Now, if someone could arrange for good driving weather, that would be great   8)

I second that, maybe if we put our order in now it'll happen :-\.

ajm1961

Quote from: zenins on February 23, 2013, 09:11:30 AM
Well, room is booked finally at the OVAS discount rate ;)

Looking forward to the weekend presentations, vendors and auction.
Looking forward to seeing you and the gang from KWAS!
And of course... all the photos you will undoubtedly take of the event!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

k1ng

I might be coming this year to the giant auction and was wondering what kind of things they sell (Im interested in breeding pairs or groups of plecos, other breeding fish) so I can prep my tanks for things I may buy.

charlie

Quote from: k1ng on February 24, 2013, 09:47:09 PM
I might be coming this year to the giant auction and was wondering what kind of things they sell (Im interested in breeding pairs or groups of plecos, other breeding fish) so I can prep my tanks for things I may buy.
The nature of auctions are such that we cannot predict what will be there.
Regards

charlie

Last 2 days to book your rooms at the discounted rate., so if you are thinking of coming in from out of town please confirm your room before Tues. evening ( Feb.26th 2012) after then it will be full rate.
Regards

charlie

Quote from: charlie on February 12, 2013, 11:21:20 AM
Hobbyist are reminded that tables are available for you to sell your hobby related stuff on Sat. March 23 rd
Members are free - non members 10.00 per table.
Kind Regards
Charlie
Let us know if & how much tables you need, need this info ASAP.
Regards

charlie

Quote from: charlie on January 20, 2013, 10:06:36 AM
www.johnsfishfood.com
http://angelfins.ca/
Regards
Just a reminderr folks these 2 vendors will be coming from out of town, please visit their web site & contact them if you need anything reseved for you

charlie

Guys a quick reminder if you are interested in reserving a table on the Saturday March 23 rd - please do so ASAP, we need to know how many tables are needed.
These tables are 1st table free to carded members & 10.00 per table for non members - sell your frags etc all excess can then be put inot the auction on the Sunday.
Regards

charlie

To all hobbyist & members, this event needs your support to be successfull & thus indicating if it should be an annual event.
We have been able to make this event free to all hobbyist mainly due to the significant rise in financial membership & cooperation from our generous event sponsors - Seachem, Zoo Med & Cobalt ( a big thank you). I don`t recall many Aquatic Clubs making an event like this with a fantastic line up of speakers free to at tendies, all we ask if you enjoy the presentations please do leave a donation of your affordability to further help defray the cost of host these fine speakers ( travel,hotel,meals etc.)Come out & support your club & this great event, the first of it`s kind in Ottawa since the 50`s.
Regards
Errol
President

az

AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

zenins

Quote from: Fishnut on February 12, 2013, 12:05:48 AM
We didn't consider friday evening though...good point.  We have our hall at the hotel from Friday evening until Sunday evening.  Lots of fun can be had in that time :)  We'll update as soon as we get the details ironed out!!

Anything further for Friday evening ?

If the hall and projector are available, maybe people can bring photos of their fish on a USB memory stick and we all could
look at them, I might even do my presentation on Loaches ;)
Zenin

ajm1961

That sounds good to me!
USB-FISH night!
Good idea Zenin!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

charlie

Quote from: ajm1961 on March 02, 2013, 12:11:04 AM
That sounds good to me!
USB-FISH night!
Good idea Zenin!
Agreed lest work on this
Thanks Zenin

zenins

Quote from: ajm1961 on March 02, 2013, 12:11:04 AM
That sounds good to me!
USB-FISH night!
Good idea Zenin!
I think this will be fun to bring our fish photos to display, since there is no show to bring our actual fish  ;)
Zenin