New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aquamania info

Started by charlie, January 13, 2013, 06:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

limed

Can we drink beer in the hallways or in and around the rooms? (like Ohio)
There is a beer store 5 minute walk.
Looking forward to this, now what to sell and what to buy. For the guy's coming in
from out of town, if you're bringing fish ,maybe you can list them and people can
reserve them (buy them) before you get here and meet them on Friday or Saturday
for pickup. Looking for super red swords tails, last seen in Ajax.

Ed

charlie

Quote from: limed on March 03, 2013, 06:45:02 AM
There is a beer store 5 minute walk.
Looking forward to this, now what to sell and what to buy. For the guy's coming in
from out of town, if you're bringing fish ,maybe you can list them and people can
reserve them (buy them) before you get here and meet them on Friday or Saturday
for pickup. Looking for super red swords tails, last seen in Ajax.

Ed
Any alcohol consummation will be done at the Bar in the Hotel -" Fitz Bar & Grill"

Shawn84

I'm also looking for some show/high quality fancy guppy if any out of town people have :)
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

FishBuddy

Quote from: charlie on March 02, 2013, 06:52:55 AM
Agreed lest work on this
Thanks Zenin

I liked this idea very much :)  If this is a go, I am in....
We could all bring in some media (photos, videos) of both our past and present fish/equipment setup/etc. we have...
Depending on how the setup goes, we could all head out for an evening dinner/chat nearby as well...  There's quite a few places to eat nearby...

[li]72 gal bow: various exotic cichlids
    [/li]

Stussi613

Quote from: FishBuddy on March 03, 2013, 03:47:33 PM
I liked this idea very much :)  If this is a go, I am in....
We could all bring in some media (photos, videos) of both our past and present fish/equipment setup/etc. we have...
Depending on how the setup goes, we could all head out for an evening dinner/chat nearby as well...  There's quite a few places to eat nearby...

We're working on getting some OVAS special pricing from the restaurant/bar in the hotel. And yes, there are tons of places nearby!
I haz reef tanks.

zenins

Quote from: limed on March 03, 2013, 06:45:02 AM
This is Ontario, I would say no.
Laws, regulations and enforcement regarding alcohol is way more restrictive here than Ohio.
I believe you can drink in your room, because it is your residence, and invited guests can
drink in your room, so you will just have to come over for a visit ;)
Zenin

Cichlids: With great challenges come great rewards

Blackstitch

I'm hoping to make it to both saturday and sunday. I've got stuff to sell at the auction, just have to dig it all out and price and put it all together in the next couple of weeks

charlie

CAD lights has generously donated a mini series 4 gallon starfire kit( NO STAND) as a raffle prize.
OVAS wishes to thank CAD Lights for this donation & looking forward to having you as a Vendor @ Aquamania
Note - there is no stand only the tank & accessories

zenins

Quote from: charlie on March 08, 2013, 05:42:20 PM
CAD lights has generously donated a mini series 4 gallon starfire kit( NO STAND) as a raffle prize.
OVAS wishes to thank CAD Lights for this donation & looking forward to having you as a Vendor @ Aquamania
Note - there is no stand only the tank & accessories

Nice !

When and where will the raffle tickets be sold ?

When will the draw take place ?
I just want to make sure I am still there when my winning ticket is drawn ;)
Zenin

charlie

;D
Raffle is on Sunday & usally drawn towards the afternoon period.

charlie

Guys the exec. meet this morning to finalise Aquamania & let me tell you to miss this event will be a grave injustice to hobbyist in you, this event is turning out to be beyond expections.
I must reiterate, had it not been for the great financial membership this year(We are sitting at approx. 185 financial members), this would not have been possible free of cost to all - let me the first to say it WAY TO GO OVAS !
See you @ Aqumania 2013 - Free,Free :)
Thanks to all our financial members & sponsors

charlie

Quote from: charlie on March 09, 2013, 07:26:40 PM
Guys the exec. meet this morning to finalise Aquamania & let me tell you to miss this event will be a grave injustice to hobbyist in you, this event is turning out to be beyond expections.
I must reiterate, had it not been for the great financial membership this year(We are sitting at approx. 185 financial members), this would not have been possible free of cost to all - let me the first to say it WAY TO GO OVAS !
See you @ Aqumania 2013 - Free,Free :)
Thanks to all our financial members & sponsors
Special tahnks to the Exec. team for all the hard work & time put into this.

zenins

Quote from: ajm1961 on March 02, 2013, 12:11:04 AM
That sounds good to me!
USB-FISH night!
Good idea Zenin!

Hey everyone,

Please remember to bring photos/videos of your fish and tanks on a USB for Friday night
Since we have the room and the projector for Friday night ( is that still right Errol ? )
then we can show and compare what we have at home ;)

Looking forward to seeing you all there :)
Zenin

wandmangels

Quote from: zenins on March 17, 2013, 09:24:37 PM
Hey everyone,

Please remember to bring photos/videos of your fish and tanks on a USB for Friday night
Since we have the room and the projector for Friday night

the Tank in this house will NOT be ready for showing....so no pics from me this time....
I will be posting when it is.  220 with discus!!

charlie

Quote from: zenins on March 17, 2013, 09:24:37 PM
Hey everyone,

Since we have the room and the projector for Friday night ( is that still right Errol ? )

This is open to anyone - feel free to come down to the Hotel on Fri. night @ 7.00 PM to participate , bring your media with whatever & have fun - the bar is in the hotel  ;)

rockgarden

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend.  Hopefully, I will have an early sell-out on the raffle tickets so that I can bid on a few more items  :)

Charlie:  I added an entry to my blog this AM so that should add a few more folks as the message gets out to some of the photographer community who might also have an aquarium or two hidden away  :)

http://www.megapixeltravel.com/2013/03/ovas-aquamania-weekend-ottawa-ontario-october-23-24-2013/

If I can get there on Friday night, I will bring along my screen and projector as well so that if there is enough interest and content you might have enough for simultaneous showings in different corners of the room.

Ron

zenins

Quote from: rockgarden on March 22, 2013, 09:26:40 AM
If I can get there on Friday night, I will bring along my screen and projector as well so that if there is enough interest and content you might have enough for simultaneous showings in different corners of the room.
Ron

Sounds great !
Zenin

rockgarden

Fun to see so many people working hard so late at night!  ;) :D :) ;D

After seeing Zenin's numerous shots of fish and showing my previous OVAS presentation of various public aquariums, we slipped off topic into the Serengeti and the Bruce Peninsula.

Added a few vendor table pictures to today's blog for those who want a preview of what the vendor room looked like at about 11PM take a look at the blog.  See you all bright and early on Saturday morning for the first speaker at 10AM.

http://www.megapixeltravel.com/2013/03/ovas-aquamania-weekend-ottawa-ontario-october-23-24-2013/

Ron

charlie

It is heeeeeeere
late night last night & early morning, lots of cool stuff @ Aquamania today bring cash, there is a ATM at the hotel in case you need more ;)
Big thanks to all the exec for their hard work leading up to this day, thank you thank you .

See you all there, stop by & let us know your thoughts on this venture
Errol