New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aquamania Giant Auction Vendor Registration and Information

Started by limmer, March 09, 2013, 01:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

limmer

OVAS Aquamania Giant Auction

Welcome to the Ottawa Valley Aquarium Society's annual fund raising Giant Auction.  We have changed the date this year to coincide with Aquamania and for better weather (Hopefully).  This year the Auction will be on Sunday March 24, 2013 at the Best Western Hotel and Conference Centre, 1876 Robertson Road, Bells Corners.

Auction starts at 11:00 AM. (NOTE START TIME).  Public viewing is 9:00 – 11:00 AM.  Registration for vendors takes place from 9:00-10:45 AM.

OVAS accepts no responsibility for items sold.  It is up to you to inspect the item and/or question the vendor.  All sales are in cash and are final.

Vendor Information
Please sell items that are in good condition and if they are not working, label them so.
There are a few new rules this year.
•   Maximum of 100 items per person.
•   There is a $2.00 handling charge on any unsold item on which the seller listed a minimum bid.
•   Minimum bids over $75.00 will be charged a 10% surcharge payable in advance at the time of auction registration if not sold.
•   Once Auction starts you may not remove any items.

For more details on Vendor Rules see attached.

Also see bagging instructions. http://ovas.ca/ovas/auctions/bagging-fish

Pre-registration can be made by using this electronic form.
Click here for Vendor Registration

If you have any problems with pre-registration or any questions about the Giant Auction, you can contact me by PM "limmer" on ovas.ca or email to with the subject line "Giant Auction".

limed

Does all items start at $2.00 as usually (auction) . 

Ed

ajm1961

Yes, as usual, the items all start at $2 unless the seller indicates a higher reserve price.
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

lucius

ajm1961

No, AquaMania - including the Giant Auction - is at the Best Western in Bells Corners.
Check the flyer for all the details:

http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=55982.0
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

limmer

We will have a bagging station setup for emergencies.
This is for live fish only.
Cost will be $1 per bagging.
Remember not to use ziplock bags and containers inappropriate for the amount and size of fish!

zenins

Hi,

Is there a pdf or word form for auction seller items that we can download to fill in advance and bring with us ?

Thanks,

Zenin

Cichlids: With great challenges come great rewards

Stussi613

Quote from: zenins on March 12, 2013, 06:45:54 PM
Hi,

Is there a pdf or word form for auction seller items that we can download to fill in advance and bring with us ?

Thanks,

It's much easier for our auction staff to have items submitted electronically using the form that Limmer posted above...that way we can print the lot labels in advance and have them ready to go at registration. 
I haz reef tanks.

limmer

There is a form you can download and bring to the auction.
It is better to preregister as the club fee is less and as Stussi613 said it is better work wise for us.

http://ovas.ca/ovas/auctions/registration-paper-form

james

Ho when is the deadline for registering your items because. I am selling items also on Sat. And want to register. What did not sell. Ok I see the deadline to get the 25% is Friday by 10pm. The question is on the stuff that is not sold Sat will I be able to get the same rate  Please call to discuss Thanks
James 613 7952332
James
55-g  Kribs. Busyi nose pleco, abino
25 gal yellow lab , Brichardi,
55-g white top Afra, Synodontus Alberti,
33- gal PS Demansoni
30-g Dim..Compressiceps , 55 gal  red swords, 
.30-g  P.S Flavus

charlie

Folks , please remember the pre registration dead line is 10.00 PM tonight, Fri March 22, if you want the lower rate of 25% you have to  pre register.
Regards

fischkopp

be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

james

Hi can stuff be left over night from the sale on Sat. And what time can you set up on Sat. Thanks
James 6137952332
55-g  Kribs. Busyi nose pleco, abino
25 gal yellow lab , Brichardi,
55-g white top Afra, Synodontus Alberti,
33- gal PS Demansoni
30-g Dim..Compressiceps , 55 gal  red swords, 
.30-g  P.S Flavus

zenins

Zenin

Cichlids: With great challenges come great rewards

limmer

The items are randomly table numbered and put on tables from 1 to 21.
We usually start at the first table and work our way up.