New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aquamania Comments Blog

Started by zenins, March 22, 2013, 03:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenins

Post here any comments or observations as they happen ( or shortly there after ;)  )
Zenin

Cichlids: With great challenges come great rewards

zenins

Well, we arrived just after 3pm

Traffic was no problem, even across the top of Toronto ;)

Heading out shortly to visit some shops.

See you tonight around 7pm for the USB Fish night :)
Zenin

Shawn84

Glad you made it safe and sound. Ill be seeing you soon. Ill be there around 5ish :)
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

jarmila

We arrived a few minutes ago. Our drive was fine too.

FishBuddy

Just a curiosity, how many of you are coming down for USB Fish Stick Night??? :)

[li]72 gal bow: various exotic cichlids
    [/li]

fischkopp

be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

zenins

Quote from: FishBuddy on March 22, 2013, 04:46:03 PM
Just a curiosity, how many of you are coming down for USB Fish Stick Night??? :)
I am here with some photos of my fish at home, as well as some at Big Al's Kanata
from this afternoon.

The more, the better, bring your USB Fish Stick tonight !
Zenin

zenins

Well, lots of vendors/manufacturer reps are setting up.

I would have liked to see more fish in the USB fish night.
Was cool to see Ron's various public aquariums from around the world.

Going to breakfast now.

First speaker presentation is at 10 am.
Zenin

zenins

Quote from: jarmila on March 22, 2013, 03:59:55 PM
We arrived a few minutes ago. Our drive was fine too.
Wow, you brought a lot of stuff !

I will have to check it all out later today ...
Zenin

Peekay

My son and I attended Dr. Hernandez' talk on fish collection in S.America.  Very interesting!  Great attendence too.  Good to see everyone out.

Remember to visit Rah in vendor room B!   :)

cdylnicki

Hey Peekay!  Were you the lady with the cutie about 10 years old?

I was the lady with the baby!

I bought ramshorn snails ($1 for about 25 snails) to put in my frog/paramecium tanks!

NjOyRiD

I really enjoyed my time there today!!
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

zenins

Well, since Stephan Tanner  had airplane trouble and could not make it to speak today,
the organizers asked if I would do a presentation.
So I gave my Loaches presentation, it was a real test since I had not looked at it for about two years.
I hope everyone in attendance learned something about loaches and will keep
more of these fun fish in their aquariums :)
Zenin

zenins

Terry and I went to La Niche over in Gatineau and to Big Al's Aquarium Services on Innes today.
La Niche was a beautiful shop, but no Rift Lake African cichlids ??
Many plant tanks.  Lots of nice marine display tanks there and Terry liked the birds there too.
BA's on Innes has some interesting fish, including 3 different Madagascar cichlids.
Some nice display tanks.  The Rift Lake African male tank looked awesome.
The Shark tank had no marine fish in it just a few Rift Lake Africans, not sure what will be going on there soon ?
Zenin

Peekay

Quote from: cdylnicki on March 23, 2013, 04:40:20 PM
Hey Peekay!  Were you the lady with the cutie about 10 years old?

Yes, that was me!  He's 9, and will be thrilled you guessed 10.   

If he knew that you keep frogs, he'd have wanted to hear about them .. always asking to set up another tank for amphibious creatures. 

joeyt66

made it up from Kingston . Had a great time. Bought a few things. met some nice people  Hoping this is going to be an annual  event .

tigger

We are only half way through Aquamania and already it has been great. It will be awesome by this time tomorrow.
Thanks to all those who contributed to make it happen!!

charlie

Quote from: zenins on March 23, 2013, 06:39:57 PM
Well, since Stephan Tanner  had airplane trouble and could not make it to speak today,
the organizers asked if I would do a presentation.
So I gave my Loaches presentation, it was a real test since I had not looked at it for about two years.
I hope everyone in attendance learned something about loaches and will keep
more of these fun fish in their aquariums :)

We are gratefull that you stepped up & did a fantastic job A BIG THANK you from all of us at OVAS, this kind of camaraderie reinforces why i choose this hobby.
Thanks

charlie

On behalf of the execs. i`d like to thank you to all that came out today in your numbers, thanks for taking the time to express your gratitude & the positive reinforcement, it was a breath of fresh air, also to all the folks who journeyed from Montreal & Kitchener Waterloo club.Hope to see you all tomorrow at the auction.
Kind Regards

charlie

As mentioned in this blog , Dr Tanner ran into some travelling issues due to no fault of him or us, this prevented him from getting here in time for today, we apologise to any one who was disappointed in the cancellation of his presentation, i`m positive he will join us soon.
Regards