New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aquamania Comments Blog

Started by zenins, March 22, 2013, 03:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland

This was a real treat. The vast array of knowledge, breadth and experience from the speakers as well as enthusiasm was infectious. In a good way. To not have come away with knowledge after listening to, and participating in each seminar would have been difficult.

daworldisblack

Quote from: Peekay on March 23, 2013, 11:47:29 AM
Remember to visit Rah in vendor room B!   :)

Lol thanks Brenda! Appreciate it!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

daworldisblack

Great day today! Awesome stuff from vendors and local club members as well as speakers! Had a great time meeting familiar faces as well as new faces! Hope to see err'one at the auction tomorrow!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

charlie

for those that are checking for a visual, here is a quick one  ;D

Montrealguy

I'm going to drop by the auction today for a bit, and I hope to be able to put some faces to the screen names of people I've sort of known (in an e-way) for a long time. See you all there - the fish are packed and the car's all gassed up!

dbl_dbl

Nice to see all the Big Al's regulars in attendance yesterday, great job OVAS.

Peekay

We left the auction today very happy!   :)

Keith was thrilled to get some BN plecos (thanks limmer.. you made his day, and so mine!) and also some lovely swordtails, which were his 'impulse' purchase. 

Congrats to the winners of those beautiful raffle tanks. 

Montrealguy

I'm back in Montreal, and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank OVAS and the many volunteers that made for a very interesting day. OVAS people - you were generous with your time and energy, and that made a pretty successful looking auction.

Now I hope you get some sleep before work tomorrow!

Jeff1192

I was working all weekend and was really bummed out to miss everything this year. It sounds like the organizers did a great job based on all the feedback so far. Great job guys. Hopefully I'll be off next year!!!
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

rockgarden

I hope that a good time was had by all! Once again, I know that I sold at least one of the winning raffle tickets  :)

Really fun to have so many people come up to me over the weekend and talk about the various items of mine that they have purchased in the past.  Even more fun to swap stories about all of the things that we have purchased at past auctions and put away somewhere and not got around to using :-). I brought back some of those items to this year's auction and recycled!!!  ;D

My thanks and congratulations to the organizers and to the other volunteers who helped me with the sale of raffle tickets this year.

Pretty tired at the moment but will try to post some of the pictures in the next day or two.

Ron

cdylnicki

Wow I had a great time!

I got home and laid out all of my goodies - including 3 types of bettas and 3 types of killies (and 3 types of plecos....) hmmm...

So I set up another 2 tanks quickly in my basement for quaranteen.  I must say that the betta ocellatas are by far my favourite.

Ron, thanks for your help out to the car with my 75 gallon tank lid!  I can't wait to set it up.

I can't wait for the auction next year!  Great job everyone!

fishmonger

Was a great day, thanks for letting me help in a small way, the OVAs crowd is so great, everyone working together, even when there's hiccups, they aren't an irritation, cause we all want the same success.  consider me as signed up for next year!

blueknight0303

charlie

OVAS would like to thank each & everyone that made today's auction a very successful day, to our volunteers hats are off to you you did a marvelous job.
A special thanks to all that came out in your numbers .
Regards

Stussi613

Quote from: cdylnicki on March 24, 2013, 08:56:18 PM
Wow I had a great time!

I got home and laid out all of my goodies - including 3 types of bettas and 3 types of killies (and 3 types of plecos....) hmmm...

So I set up another 2 tanks quickly in my basement for quaranteen.  I must say that the betta ocellatas are by far my favourite.

Ron, thanks for your help out to the car with my 75 gallon tank lid!  I can't wait to set it up.

I can't wait for the auction next year!  Great job everyone!

I know I said it a few times today in person, but thanks once again for stepping up at the last minute to help out...your efforts were greatly appreciated by the club!
I haz reef tanks.

Stussi613

I'd also like to thank the Hersteads for jumping up without hesitation to help out as runners when the call for a few extra hands were needed.

I was telling Errol it truly is Karma that you won that gorgeous 4g CAD lights tank in the raffle :)
I haz reef tanks.

Stussi613

Quote from: fishmonger on March 24, 2013, 09:28:52 PM
Was a great day, thanks for letting me help in a small way, the OVAs crowd is so great, everyone working together, even when there's hiccups, they aren't an irritation, cause we all want the same success.  consider me as signed up for next year!

Tank you for helping out!  It was nice to meet you in person.
I haz reef tanks.

zenins

Well, I had fun :)

I got to be an autioneer for the first time !
When Errol and Andre asked if I could provide some auctioneer relief,
I said sure to help out, then I realized I had never been an auctioneer before,
too late to back out now !

In the auction, I got a bag of Xystichromis sp. "dayglow" Rift Lake cichlids and the 5 gallon Metaframe chrome tank,
to join my childhood Metaframe aquarium from the late 1960's ... yes !

I wish I could have stayed past 3pm, but I had a 6 hour drive home, and I have to go back to work on Monday.

I hope to come again next year :)

I will post photos later in the week, it takes time to delete the bad ones, and to upload the rest to Photobucket ... heh
Zenin

Cichlids: With great challenges come great rewards

limmer

I would like to thank all that helped out at the auction, and the donation of the table signs from La Sam club from Montreal.
This was my second year as Auction Chair and I think it ran a bit smoother this year.
It was nice to see so many people with the same interest, and so many out of town people.

(Peekay, it my brother Limed that gave you the BN Pleco).

charlie

Here are a few from Saturday when i had some time to snap them, I know Zenins & Rockgarden has a bit more they would share.
I should add that our Aqumania sponsors were very happy at what we had put together & has promised to part of it again.
To- Zoo Med, Cobalt& Seachem , we would like to thank you for your support & partnership with OVAS & look forward to working together in the future.
Our Speakers were over the moon with this event & also vowed to be back, the feedback they rated it among the best they have attended, thank you guys so much for coming & sharing your knowledge with us, the friendship we have started will live forever.

Regards Errol